kifaru lost parka

Retterath

WKR
i want to order this jacket but a little concerned about size. yes i watched the video for the sizing they did at kifaru. My question is the large would fit me fine in the chest but I'm worried about the length in the sleeves and in the torso. I always were large talls in jackets. The thing is i think this jacket is exactly what I'm looking for, for the warmth and a lot a light rain jacket and also protect me from the wind when in the mountains. Does anyone else have a frame of 6'1 and 185lbs but really long arms and really long torso. I tried on the kuiu guide jacket in an xl the other day and its way to short in the torso and short in arms also same goes for the sitka jet stream jacket in xl if that helps with anything. Im trying to find a jacket that i can pack in my pack that will keep me warm and dry if it rains a bit but also cut wind also.

OBP

WKR
I'm pretty close to your size at 6'2", 190 lbs, also with long arms. I originally bought the large in the lost park but the sleeves and waist were too short, I sent it back for an xl and it fits great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm 6'2" 170ish with a 18.5 torso. Tried on the large and xl parka. I was swimming in the xl, large was a tad big around but would allow layers. Did not notice the sleeves being short on either one. Torso length was fine on both. My large guide jacket sleeves are maybe 1/2 inch too long.

Clarktar

WKR
You can always buy one size try it, and if it doesn't work resell it. They usually sell pretty quick. I bought both XL and L to test. I am 6' 210 and the L fit me fine, but in the end I opted for the XL simply for the extra room to layer or move around. I found the L was tight in the shoulder for me.

WoodBow

WKR
Somebody posted a link recently to a company making what looks like exactly the same jacket but it is fully customizable to your size. Worth a look.

OP
Retterath

Retterath

WKR
I know pnuma make tall sizes in all there stuff but really like the lost parks. I can order and if it don't fit send back ang get different size. I think I'm gonna try the xl. I'm pretty broad on the shoulders as well. Great advice guys thanks

OP
Retterath

Retterath

WKR
I'm pretty close to your size at 6'2", 190 lbs, also with long arms. I originally bought the large in the lost park but the sleeves and waist were too short, I sent it back for an xl and it fits great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should about same build. I think I will try the xl thanks

I am 6'5" 260 with a long torso and usually wear XLT shirts and a L in the FL Uncompaghre. I ended up with an older style XXL in the LPP and it fits perfect. I suggest giving them a call and asking what's available in the old style XL, which may restrict you on color, or you can post a WTB.

OP
Retterath

Retterath

WKR
I am 6'5" 260 with a long torso and usually wear XLT shirts and a L in the FL Uncompaghre. I ended up with an older style XXL in the LPP and it fits perfect. I suggest giving them a call and asking what's available in the old style XL, which may restrict you on color, or you can post a WTB.

Frank at kifaru emailed me back right away and said the xl sleeves are 1 1/2" longer than the large. So I think it will work. I might just order both and return one too

Frank at kifaru emailed me back right away and said the xl sleeves are 1 1/2" longer than the large. So I think it will work. I might just order both and return one too
I still would recommend asking for the older style as it fit a good 1-2" longer in the torso. My guess is the way the new shoulders are cut it sits higher on me at least. The Cut isn't overly generous in the chest or belly, so you will probably like the larger size.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

OP
Retterath

Retterath

WKR
I still would recommend asking for the older style as it fit a good 1-2" longer in the torso. My guess is the way the new shoulders are cut it sits higher on me at least. The Cut isn't overly generous in the chest or belly, so you will probably like the larger size.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Thank COlineman