Kifaru Lumbar Pack

pc3

WKR
Folks when/Kifaru do follow through with this I assume it will be under their "Daypack" section ?

I'm not interested in the Hellcat or TG it has to be the scout for me.

I'd like Ranger Green Scout and maybe a medium X Pac pouches on the belt and perhaps a large X Pac pouch on the outside of the bag along with a nalgene holder on the other side of the belt. You could probably fit a pouch on the lid as well.

Sealee12

Lil-Rokslider
In my opinion the scout is a Goldilocks pack. The tail gunner is too small to be useful to me. The hellcat is large but lacks stays to make it carry this volume securely in my opinion. It also doesn’t jive well with many of the kifaru accessory pockets since it lacks PALS. The Scout on the other hand - oh the Scout is just right. Perfect size at around 1300cu in, great stays and load support for what you can fit into a lumbar pack, and can be built upon with an almost limitless combination of accessory pockets given the PALS aplenty. My only tweak would be to use a shoulder harness similar to the hellcat rather than the older style x shoulder straps on the g1 and g2 scouts.

OP
G_Tacoma

G_Tacoma

Lil-Rokslider
In my opinion the scout is a Goldilocks pack. The tail gunner is too small to be useful to me. The hellcat is large but lacks stays to make it carry this volume securely in my opinion. It also doesn’t jive well with many of the kifaru accessory pockets since it lacks PALS. The Scout on the other hand - oh the Scout is just right. Perfect size at around 1300cu in, great stays and load support for what you can fit into a lumbar pack, and can be built upon with an almost limitless combination of accessory pockets given the PALS aplenty. My only tweak would be to use a shoulder harness similar to the hellcat rather than the older style x shoulder straps on the g1 and g2 scouts.

Fully agree with ya on the shoulder harness!

pc3

WKR
I haven’t heard anything yet
If the scout is offered what accessories are you going for if any ?

I assume it comes with the belt and lumbar pad ?

I’m thinking at least 1 medium belt pouch and probably a nalgene holder. I think a large belt pouch would fit in the back or lid. I’m thinking of giving the X PAC material a try too.

OP
G_Tacoma

G_Tacoma

Lil-Rokslider
If the scout is offered what accessories are you going for if any ?

I assume it comes with the belt and lumbar pad ?

I’m thinking at least 1 medium belt pouch and probably a nalgene holder. I think a large belt pouch would fit in the back or lid. I’m thinking of giving the X PAC material a try too.

I haven’t tried the xpac material yet, but I’ll be snagging up a water bottle pouch and a few belt pouches

Reactions: pc3

Sealee12

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone ever hear any additional news on the potential for Kifaru to make a run of Scout/hellcat/tailgunner?

Kotaman

WKR
Anyone ever hear any additional news on the potential for Kifaru to make a run of Scout/hellcat/tailgunner?
There was a FB post not too long ago by Kifaru that said "be patient, they're coming"...

I use the Tailgunner for a tree stand pack currently. Fits my needs perfectly for that application. I would like a Scout, but not sure what it will do that one of my several daypacks already does. I like to see these coming back, but unsure if I'll buy one or not.

davidsapp

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a lightly used Scout in MC a few weeks ago, it came with a couple mini longs, an organizer, and a couple mini belt pouches.

It may be my perfect whitetail pack. Small enough to hang with a carabiner by the grab handle or sit next to me on a platform. Rides great, though I may try a HPG shoulder harness system due to my uncontrollable desire to tinker. I bought it due to the comments on this thread, and can only agree with all the previous positive reviews. It’s a great pack. I look forward to using it for turkey hunting this spring

David

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
We are working on them guys, Hellcat is in the works with TG1 and Scout to follow. They will be compatible with the Improved Hellcat harness and we will be selling the harnesses separately so you can upgrade old lumbar packs. We're in the middle of our busy time of the year so bear with us on getting these finished up.

Cbrick

FNG
2a369e616c5d66399706a1a31de79462.jpg

Asking for a friend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAMountainHunter

Lil-Rokslider
So Hellcats are on and gone in 4 hours or so ! If you were not on their FB page or here you may never even know it was available.