Kifaru Lumbar Pack

md126

WKR
They’d sell a lot more of these if they were still available. Definitely frustrating

Just from a business point of view I don’t think it makes much sense but I’m not in the business so maybe there’s a good reason for it...

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone received their hellcat yet? I haven’t even gotten my shipping notice. For those of you annoyed that you missed out, I’d imagine there will be a handful for sale in the classifieds after they ship out. Not everyone is gonna like it.

VAMountainHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I've wondered the same thing why they don't up production. It's been a long wait for their stuff and I don't get it from a business point of view. This would be a great opportunity for someone to make compatible products that fit their packs like Sherman, other pouches and lids ect. Their stuff is well made but it's not something that can't be repeated. There isn't a secret sauce to making a pack.

Bloodsoakedberber

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone received their hellcat yet? I haven’t even gotten my shipping notice. For those of you annoyed that you missed out, I’d imagine there will be a handful for sale in the classifieds after they ship out. Not everyone is gonna like it.
I was under the impression they hadn’t even been sewn yet.

pc3

WKR
I'd be down with a Scout my self, but I will say I m super annoyed that Kifaru didn't really give a decent heads up on this, I didn't receive any notification either and I have consistently been too late to the party to pick up a scout before they are gone. I've be trying for years to get a new scout. This time it was a miss on the Hellcat which is good , but not as nice as the scout with the stays. Seriously irritated Kifaru .......
Yes I will be disappointed as well if I miss the scout.....Just on the scout if you were to add a couple of pockets if I am lucky enough to get one, what size pockets fit the scout ? Large. Medium or small ?

I'd grab a couple of large pockets if they fit I think.

ppwack02

Lil-Rokslider
I would Join the Kifaru insider's page if your not and looking to pick up a tail gunner or scout. They gave a couple day notice before the release of the hellcat's. I believe the tail gunner is going to be released next and the scout to follow.

VAMountainHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Estimated Ship Date03/03/2021 - 03/10/2021
This is what I got and I ordered just a minute or two after 8am their time when the item went online. I don't get their business plan. It's limited but not already sewn? I know they have some (3?) weeks off for inventory I read someplace.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys, sorry the Hellcat run went under the radar here. We weren't expecting you all to bum-rush our initial run so fast and we sold out pretty quick. We are working on the Tailgunner 1 and Scout run right now and I will post here a couple days before we go live with them so you guys know what's up. We had Hellcats kicking around for a couple years after the initial run so that's why we did a limited re-release on these. Based on the response from the sales on these 3 packs, it may give us reason to start making lumbar packs again. I will post here when we are going to put up the other packs so you have a heads up. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you guys have any questions.

VAMountainHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Lumbar with a way to add a Sherman or other pocket makes a nice tree stand or day pack. With the instant sell out it should be a no brainer not to carry them in the lineup.

OP
G_Tacoma

G_Tacoma

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, sorry the Hellcat run went under the radar here. We weren't expecting you all to bum-rush our initial run so fast and we sold out pretty quick. We are working on the Tailgunner 1 and Scout run right now and I will post here a couple days before we go live with them so you guys know what's up. We had Hellcats kicking around for a couple years after the initial run so that's why we did a limited re-release on these. Based on the response from the sales on these 3 packs, it may give us reason to start making lumbar packs again. I will post here when we are going to put up the other packs so you have a heads up. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you guys have any questions.
Thanks for the heads up @Bender, we appreciate it!!

pc3

WKR
Folks Eric was kind enough to let me know which pockets work with a Scout....but what are peoples thoughts on the best pockets/accessories combo to match to a scout....once they are listed I doubt I'll have much time to stuff and being down under makes it a little harder, so I need to get it right first time.

Seems all the Belt pouches will fit, clay more, organiser, water bottle bottle holder etc.

Running two mediums on the belt was my first thought, then maybe a claymore on the back, or large belt pocket, and then you would probably have room for one on each side. Not sure I'd run one on top of the lid but I suppose it is a possibility.

Advantages of a claymore over large belt pocket for this application ?

Tuscaoka

WKR
There are some old Kifaru scout setup videoes out there that Mel did back in the day. Just search Kifaru scout video. Course it won’t have new pockets but it’ll give u an idea

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I will say if you put a deep pocket on the back of the lumbar packs (claymore), you need to run lighter stuff in it or the balance will get far away from your back. The Organizer is pretty good for the back as you can't over stuff it. The Scout will also work with the Grab-it as will the Sherman.

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
FYI I canceled my Hellcat order this morning so technically they should have a Multicam floating around if anyone wants to inquire.

If I can get my hands on a Scout, it’ll be rigged like a Mountainsmith Day lumbar. The problem with MS Day is its inefficient zipper closure design, flimsy belt and lack of stiffeners. I liked its two bottle pockets, bandolier sling and hydration hose port. The Scout will be a great fit for my use case since it has ample Molle, aluminium stiffeners and a hydration hose port. I also heard from Kifaru customer service that a limited run of the TG or Scout will be out soon, so keeping my fingers crossed.

vdeal

FNG
Was the scout the only lumbar pack they made with stays ?

Ranger green scout for me nd hopefully they do the Molle webbing in coyote like they do on 44 mag etc

No, the Scout was not the only lumbar pack they made with stays. I’m surprised no one has mentioned the Daystalker which came in a G1 and a G2 version. The Daystalker was the hunting line lumbar pack from back in the day. I have one hanging in my inventory right now and it’s great for day hunting. I think it would probably be the better lumbar pack to bring back but it is apparently been forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk