Kifaru lumbar pad

Man I love my kifaru pack, but that lumbar pad is just too thick for my body type. I removed the pad from the belt today and am loving it.
Anyone else have this issue? Any good lumbar pad mods? I’d like a little more cushion than none, but I’ll stick with none if I can’t find a better mod.

Kifaru will send you a thin lumbar pad if you call them. They did this for me a couple years ago. Either way they will be able to get you squared away.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
I would call the company to discuss. Might also be related to the stay shape but I personally would try the thinner pad to see how that does.

OP
D
Kifaru will send you a thin lumbar pad if you call them. They did this for me a couple years ago. Either way they will be able to get you squared away.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Good to know... I'll reach out and see what they say

Man I love my kifaru pack, but that lumbar pad is just too thick for my body type. I removed the pad from the belt today and am loving it.
Anyone else have this issue? Any good lumbar pad mods? I’d like a little more cushion than none, but I’ll stick with none if I can’t find a better mod.
have you packed any heavy loads with it yet or used it much? mine started out too thick, but after wearing it a lot, and a few heavy pack outs, it's "broke in" and now i'm not going to look for a solution. maybe try stacking something heavy on it for a few days and try again

OP
D
have you packed any heavy loads with it yet or used it much? mine started out too thick, but after wearing it a lot, and a few heavy pack outs, it's "broke in" and now i'm not going to look for a solution. maybe try stacking something heavy on it for a few days and try again
Man I’ve put that thing through the ringer! It always has about 35 lbs in it, and I’ve done a bunch well over 70 for long hauls. I did notice it was flatter than before, but still putting too much pressure on my spine.

Not gonna lie, since removing the pad, I’m not sure I even need one? Maybe I’m flat as a board and don’t need one? 6’4 215 so I’m pretty straight back there lol

Man I’ve put that thing through the ringer! It always has about 35 lbs in it, and I’ve done a bunch well over 70 for long hauls. I did notice it was flatter than before, but still putting too much pressure on my spine.

Not gonna lie, since removing the pad, I’m not sure I even need one? Maybe I’m flat as a board and don’t need one? 6’4 215 so I’m pretty straight back there lol
roger that, just figured i would ask... would be an easy fix, haha. the more i use my kifaru, the more i like it. when i killed my buck this year, i weighed my pack when i got home, and it was 103# without my rifle in the gun bearer, and it was 4.74 miles out... zero pain or hot spots the next day... it carries a really heavy load better than anything i have had.... love my EXO too, but have been pretty much just using the kifaru.

i bought a reckoning and stryker xl, only used the stryker so far, and am gonna sell the reckoning and replace it with a gnargali bag. every single thing i have bought from kifaru has been great, and i own kind of a lot now.... you can tell it's all designed by folks who hunt a lot, and hunt hard... durable well thought out gear.... they are going to get a lot more of my money in the future.... type of company i like to support, and they make kick ass gear

Mine hurt my back pretty bad until i got the curved stays. 100% better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
roger that, just figured i would ask... would be an easy fix, haha. the more i use my kifaru, the more i like it. when i killed my buck this year, i weighed my pack when i got home, and it was 103# without my rifle in the gun bearer, and it was 4.74 miles out... zero pain or hot spots the next day... it carries a really heavy load better than anything i have had.... love my EXO too, but have been pretty much just using the kifaru.

i bought a reckoning and stryker xl, only used the stryker so far, and am gonna sell the reckoning and replace it with a gnargali bag. every single thing i have bought from kifaru has been great, and i own kind of a lot now.... you can tell it's all designed by folks who hunt a lot, and hunt hard... durable well thought out gear.... they are going to get a lot more of my money in the future.... type of company i like to support, and they make kick ass gear
Agree! I got my Stryker xl this year and have put dozens of miles on it already. I’m a whitetail guy, so I carry a climber all the time. But I’m a whitetail guy in the mountains, so I’m always ascending and descending.

Man that thing is great, and well thought out. I agree, they do design their gear with hunters in mind. I love they’re made in the USA, and i believe that pack and frame will last forever.