Kifaru Ma Deuce review ***Updated 9/26/21***

Now they have this below ...am I missing something ?? Did they have an error over at Kifaru where the patterns where cut a little smaller and that is why we are seeing such a long sale on the ma deuce as they have a variant that is a little smaller than original spec ? or did they originally over estimate capacity.

Volume: 6,300ci / 103.23 L total (4,960ci main bag, 420ci lid, 480ci in each side pocket)

It was upwards of 125l previously on their website......got interested as may add a couple of large x-pac pouches in the future and wanted to know what I actually had, I do know its larger than my 44 mag...swallows a few more sofa pillows than the 44 :)

This below on "all pack comparison".......see Litres in second column. Itd did strike me as a small 129l pack when I received it.

Ma Deuce (7,900 ci - 129 L) Bag Only - Diagonal Angle Photo

Ma Deuce
6340 total – 4960 main, 420 lid, 480 each pocket1293 lb 12 oz1.7 kg15.5″ / 39cm x 28″ / 71cm x 12″ / 30cmFollowing its smaller caliber siblings, the 22 and 44 Mag is the Ma Deuce. Just like it’s namesake, the Browning M2 .50 cal machine gun, it is big enough to get any job done. It has the same features as the 44 Mag but almost a 1/3rd more capacity.
Interesting.... at that size I am more interested in it.

pc3

WKR
I think there will be a Dall or Crater in my future....which frame do I put it on duplex lite or Tac 🤪

My thoughts are put the bigger capacity bag on the Tac Frame, but Snyder reckons the Dall and duplex lite is a winner

And I'll sell the 44 mag...no difference cinching down a 44 or Ma Deuce for mine for smaller trips.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
Now they have this below ...am I missing something ?? Did they have an error over at Kifaru where the patterns where cut a little smaller and that is why we are seeing such a long sale on the ma deuce as they have a variant that is a little smaller than original spec ? or did they originally over estimate capacity.

Volume: 6,300ci / 103.23 L total (4,960ci main bag, 420ci lid, 480ci in each side pocket)

It was upwards of 125l previously on their website......got interested as may add a couple of large x-pac pouches in the future and wanted to know what I actually had, I do know its larger than my 44 mag...swallows a few more sofa pillows than the 44 :)

This below on "all pack comparison".......see Litres in second column. Itd did strike me as a small 129l pack when I received it.

Ma Deuce (7,900 ci - 129 L) Bag Only - Diagonal Angle Photo

Ma Deuce
6340 total – 4960 main, 420 lid, 480 each pocket1293 lb 12 oz1.7 kg15.5″ / 39cm x 28″ / 71cm x 12″ / 30cmFollowing its smaller caliber siblings, the 22 and 44 Mag is the Ma Deuce. Just like it’s namesake, the Browning M2 .50 cal machine gun, it is big enough to get any job done. It has the same features as the 44 Mag but almost a 1/3rd more capacity.
This still doesn't make sense. 129L does not equal 6300 cu in. My duece is 2 yrs old and its huge. But I dont have a Crater to compare it too.

pc3

WKR
Your right it doesnt....thats why I think there has been some kind of change, either intentional or accidental perhaps. It is possible that the Ma deuces on sale now are smaller than the original Ma Deuce bags, originally I am sure that the specs on the website mentioned 7k+ cu. Maybe @Bender could clarify it.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Good catch guys, we've recently gone through and remeasured all of our packs using a more accurate system that uses non-compressible plastic balls in a cylinder. Looks like the the liters didn't get updated at the same time. Thanks for the heads up, we'll get everything updated to match.

pc3

WKR
I got one in Multicam just before the price hike. What a nice bag!
Its an awesome layout ....Only thing I would like better would be a 131 litre Hoodlum (crater size) with full center zip like the Fulcrum......or 131 litre Dall with Hoodlum/MaDeuce side pockets.

Its disappointing the size is off as I wanted a larger pack....anyway so be it.

13joshop

FNG
Good review! Helped persuade me to the deuce over the 44 mag. I was hesitant with added capacity not synching down when not fully loaded but with this and pictures pushed up to go this way instead of the 44 mag.

Nik

Lil-Rokslider
I am new to Kifaru gear (finally made the plunge about a month ago and got a frame). The Ma Deuce was the first bag I bought as I am Army and wanted something to replace my issued ruck.

I underestimated the size, the bag is massive but can be compressed down to a reasonable size. It did not work as well on my 22" frame as I had hoped though.

I am new to Kifaru gear (finally made the plunge about a month ago and got a frame). The Ma Deuce was the first bag I bought as I am Army and wanted something to replace my issued ruck.

I underestimated the size, the bag is massive but can be compressed down to a reasonable size. It did not work as well on my 22" frame as I had hoped though.
First off, congrats on making the plunge to an awesome pack! The deuce is indeed massive, I have one that I haven't used yet since I haven't had the need for the volume yet. So you must be using the tactical frame if its 22" have you looked into their duplex lite frames? The 24" is a pretty solid frame if you're looking to upgrade.

Nik

Lil-Rokslider
First off, congrats on making the plunge to an awesome pack! The deuce is indeed massive, I have one that I haven't used yet since I haven't had the need for the volume yet. So you must be using the tactical frame if its 22" have you looked into their duplex lite frames? The 24" is a pretty solid frame if you're looking to upgrade.
I'm definitely looking to upgrade to a 24" frame...tactical or lite, I don't care honestly.

I now have a 44 mag and a 22mag FRO (on the way). I think they will suffice for my needs.

I have a 24” tactical I’d let go! PM if you’re interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a 44 mag to replace my own issued ruck. What kind of head range of motion does that frame give you with a helmet on? I’m 5’4 and debating between the 22” and 24” frames.

I’d say prob the 22” at 5’4” but I’m definitely not an expert!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk