Kifaru Ma Deuce vs Reckoning

BenchToField

Lil-Rokslider
I own both a Ma Duece and a Reckoning pack. Leaving next week for Colorado. 9 days - 8 nights. Hiking in and setting up spike camp. I've been using the Reckoning as part of my training to strap sandbags down. Though it is a bit more strappy then the Ma Deuce. I'm thinking it would strap down pretty good in day pack mode. Haven't really spent much time with the Ma Deuce. Obviously the next step is to pack both and see what I like better. Just wondering if anyone out there has used both in day pack mode and had any advice, suggestions, or comments to share. Thanks.

kirmerw

FNG
I’ve used both. The reckoning compacts a little better because it doesn’t have the clam top. The Duece clam top makes for a nice pillow during the day when you need a rest. When both are on your back they feel the same.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t speak to the Reckoning but I’ve used my Ma Deuce in daypack mode for a number of days and while it’s not streamlined, it’s also not burdensome. Overall, love the pack

DWD

Lil-Rokslider
Black Ovis sells the coyote and mc kifaru stuff now. Now sure if it’s just what they had in stock or it’s a forever thing.

DWD

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like both packs in both colors are on the black ovis site.

jsim12A

FNG
From what I heard, Black Ovis is selling discontinued Kifaru packs and rucks, which would be the Multicam and Coyote Brown, at a discount prices. Black Ovis could be clearning out their inventory of MC and CB Kifaru products. I'm not seeing any signs that this is permanent thing that Black Ovis is doing where they exclusively selling MC and CB products from Kifaru.

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
From what I heard, Black Ovis is selling discontinued Kifaru packs and rucks, which would be the Multicam and Coyote Brown, at a discount prices. Black Ovis could be clearning out their inventory of MC and CB Kifaru products. I'm not seeing any signs that this is permanent thing that Black Ovis is doing where they exclusively selling MC and CB products from Kifaru.
I was just on-site a few weeks ago at Black Ovis (fun experience!) and they said once the inventory is gone, that’s it: no more restocking. If you have the chance to go in-person, they did have a few random items not showing up on their website but only a few. One was the E&E pack, which I found to be a really odd size, more square than traditional long rectangle.

jsim12A

FNG
I was just on-site a few weeks ago at Black Ovis (fun experience!) and they said once the inventory is gone, that’s it: no more restocking. If you have the chance to go in-person, they did have a few random items not showing up on their website but only a few. One was the E&E pack, which I found to be a really odd size, more square than traditional long rectangle.
Yikes! This is valuable info. Well, that confirms everything I was thinking was going to happen with Multicam and Coyote brown gear going away once Black Ovis sells it all. I suppose that means farewell to all the Multicam and Coyote Brown gear, rucks and packs from Kifaru once all of it is sold from Black Ovis. I might have to get my hands on a few of these bags before they sell out.