Kifaru Ma Duece review/thoughts?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I got the Ma Duece last season for Christmas so I used it all year on lots of trips.

I love this pack. It’s an absolute beast and can carry all of camp and a boned out deer in it with help from the native as a guide lid and a few belt pouches.

Most of camp fits in the native/pouches and huge side pockets leaving room for the deer and my sleep system to fit in the main bag. This bag will carry more than you can lift and then some. Heavy heavy loads if you’re legs are up for it.

81909B8D-0DE9-414B-99BD-E7DFF64F9EBD.jpeg

Outlaw99

WKR
I’ll echo what MX said. This pack has the capability to haul out more than most people would want to, or could physically carry. Between the bag itself, and the seemingly endless add on’s, I don’t see how anyone could feasibly run out of space with this pack.

I think people read about it’s size and are intimidated that it may be too much or an overkill. It really does cinch down well and is a straightforward and simple pack. For all the love for the 44 mag and 22 mag; it’s the same thing, only bigger. I like with my Deuce, that it’s roomy enough yet strapped enough to put the load, and hold the load right where I want it. Really enjoyed this pack this year and don’t see myself needing or wanting anything else for a long long time.

M1KL83

FNG
I’ll echo what MX said. This pack has the capability to haul out more than most people would want to, or could physically carry. Between the bag itself, and the seemingly endless add on’s, I don’t see how anyone could feasibly run out of space with this pack.

I think people read about it’s size and are intimidated that it may be too much or an overkill. It really does cinch down well and is a straightforward and simple pack. For all the love for the 44 mag and 22 mag; it’s the same thing, only bigger. I like with my Deuce, that it’s roomy enough yet strapped enough to put the load, and hold the load right where I want it. Really enjoyed this pack this year and don’t see myself needing or wanting anything else for a long long time.
I've been wondering about holding the meat in place with all that room inside the main bag...do you use extra compression strap(s) inside the bag to hold the load in place? With the attachments points on back panel inside the M2 I could see snugging down the meat tight to back.

Also, accessory pouches recommended?
The Sherman and a Med or Large pouch was my initial thought but I'm on the fence now...so many possibilities! Love to hear from you Ma Deuce owners that have zoned in on the ideal set up.

Cheers

Outlaw99

WKR
For hauling meat, I put my puffy’s in the bottom of the bag; cinch the bottom compression strap tight over the top of that. Meat in game bag, placed in a contractor bag goes in on top of compressed puffys. Middle and top compression straps cinch it all tight after bag is zipped up. 5e only additional add ons I use is a Sherman on the back. This also provides an additional compression strap to really hold the meat solid and in place. I also have a medium belt pouch mounted high on the inside pals of this pack for my stove and fuel. I really like the ma deuce for this setup. It allows you to put your meat up high where it belongs and keep it there solid, while still affording the room for all my other gear.

I hauled out all of camp plus half a boned out mule deer inside the bag. The side pockets held my tripod and some clothes, the bottom of the main bag had my sleeping stuff and Sawtooth shelter, middle of the bag had food, cooking stuff, and the remaining clothes and the meat dropped in perfect on top and I zipped it up. It carried super nice and felt very secure to my back the whole trip out.

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
Just buy it you won't regret it. Spent a whole yr with it now and its great. From 10 day sheep hunts to 3-4 day hunts to day hunts. It cinch's tight no matter what you have in it. The frame and how it handles loads have me very happy. This pack doesn't slip on me like my other ones I've had. Not bashing the other ones but this pack and frame is just better for me! I run Large and med pouches and that's it. I run the gun in the one side pocket and a spotter in the other on sheep hunts, and when on day trips just run the rain gear where the spotter was.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I do as M1 suggested and use 2 compression straps on the inside PALS to hold a deboned elk hind quarter in the kifaru meat bag. All the rest of my gear and camp was around it. Worked great. Im not a meat shelf user. I only run a medium belt on the outside bottom to hold the butt of my gun. Two straps to hold it up higher. This bag is awesome. Its as big or small as you want it to be.