Kifaru Ma Duece

Outlaw99

WKR
Anyone have any hands on experience with how well this straps down in a daypack situation?

OP
Outlaw99

Outlaw99

WKR
Anyone receive theirs yet and want to comment? Or any other fan boys who run completely different packs and have no experience with this pack want to interject they’re unnecessary and empty opinions?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I received the ma duece today and got it onto the frame. In looking at it, it’s an absolute beast. Exactly what I wanted.

With the horizontal compression straps it looks like you can sink it down pretty small for a day pack if needed.

The straps do run over top of the side pockets though. So if you want to sink it down small it seems like you’d lose the functionality of the large side pockets.

I’ll play around with it more tomorrow and try to make a quick video.

Kucher

FNG
I received the ma duece today and got it onto the frame. In looking at it, it’s an absolute beast. Exactly what I wanted.

With the horizontal compression straps it looks like you can sink it down pretty small for a day pack if needed.

The straps do run over top of the side pockets though. So if you want to sink it down small it seems like you’d lose the functionality of the large side pockets.

I’ll play around with it more tomorrow and try to make a quick video.
I’m torn between this and and the fulcrum. You have had both and like this that much better? I’m curious if you played around with cinching it down? I would want the side pockets for day use. That’s the one thing the fulcrum has going for it. Thanks

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’m torn between this and and the fulcrum. You have had both and like this that much better? I’m curious if you played around with cinching it down? I would want the side pockets for day use. That’s the one thing the fulcrum has going for it. Thanks

Hey. I really liked the fulcrum as a day pack. Sinching down the middle to nothing and using the big wings as a day pack is awesome.

I went with the Ma Duece because I’m going for more dedicate packs moving forward. The Ma Duece will almost never be sinched down. It’s for long haul trips.

I have the 22 Mag which goes on my duplex frame for shorter trips with the native. Great one or two day set up with the native and a large belt pouch.

I think the fulcrum was a better hybrid pack. Although, Aron says he’s used the Ma Duece sinched down as a day pack and loves it so there’s that.