Kifaru message

tstowater

WKR
Got to like a message like this:

This message was sent to you at the request of Kifaru International to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS.

Delivery date is 7/30/12. Initial ETA was 8/06/12 when I ordered the Slickbag. Angie was good to her word that it would deliver on time. I will be doing more business with them.

millsms

FNG
which slickbag did you get? I'm looking at those so if you don't mind, let me know what you think of it especially when you get some use with it. THanks

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
Here is what I ordered:

Regulator Slick Bag Standard Cut
Options:
Color:
Coyote with OD interior
Choose Temp rating and Bag Length:
Slick Bag 0 Deg. Regular Length
Access:
Left side zip

I went with the 0 degree bag for a broader temperature range and I got a stuff sack. I sleep reasonably warm, but got cold on one trip and wasn't happy. I am leaving for Alaska on August 30th to hunt and should give it a good workout.

millsms

FNG
Great, Good luck on your trip. My last Alaska hunt was 2009 hunting caribou in ANWR! I had a 20 Golite bag and got COLD. I upgraded recently to a Marmot Lithium 0 bag that will try out later this year but am interested in the 20 Slickbag for earlier in the year. Good luck and hope the tags get filled!

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
Should have got that bag in multi cam!

Might be right, but I have yet to need a sleeping bag in camo. Everything else is in camo, but not this. If I figure out that multi cam would have been better, might have to order that one and sell this one or give it to my son. Boy, if my dad would have given me access to the things I give my son!

dotman

WKR
Dont they come with a stuff sack?

Nope they do not, I like having the option of using what I have but if they did include it the price would just go up to cover it. This way you pay a little less and can make your own choice on what stuff sack to use.

JG358

WKR
Nope they do not, I like having the option of using what I have but if they did include it the price would just go up to cover it. This way you pay a little less and can make your own choice on what stuff sack to use.

Crap, guess its time to call Angie.... Again.

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
Dont they come with a stuff sack?

I am a novice with Kifaru goodies, but when I spoke to Angie about this issue, the stuff sack is an added on option. I'm guessing there are Kifaru experts out there who can inform us otherwise. If it was included, I will have an extra to carry other clothes.

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
See, I can't even respond before someone tells us what the deal is. Thanks dotman.

Lawnboi

WKR
Might be right, but I have yet to need a sleeping bag in camo. Everything else is in camo, but not this. If I figure out that multi cam would have been better, might have to order that one and sell this one or give it to my son. Boy, if my dad would have given me access to the things I give my son!

yea its not needed, but it sure does look cool! I wish i would have gotten my doobie in multicam.

OP
tstowater

tstowater

WKR
Sleeping bag showed up yesterday as expected. Opened the box this morning. Kinda like a Christmas present. Interesting to say the least. I'm hoping that it works as everyone says it will and I will be one camper.

Curtis C

WKR
OH Yeh, I just got one of those messages. UPS listing shows 2lb package from Kifaru so that has to be my Megatarp. My estimated ship date was Aug 9. Thats gonna be sweet because I was planning to head out camping about midday Sunday and now I get to take the tarp.

C

G Posik

WKR
I got one of those the other day. Went out of town for a quick business trip, get home and there is a small box sitting on my desk when I got home last night. It is my tarp. I need yo set it up this weekend and seal the seams like the directions say. Can not wait.

Glenn