Kifaru Mountain Rambler with Lite Duplex Frame

Hey Rokslide

I’ve just ventured into my first Kifaru setup and am trying to work through the process of setting up my pack/frame.

It’s a Mountain Rambler running on a Duplex Lite frame. Everything is snug and seems to connect well with the exception being my meat shelf.

I’m not sure if I’m missing something or if the new designs of the frame are not compatible with the older Mountain Rambler attachment points.

Is there anyone that’s familiar with this? I’ve attached some pictures for ease of reference.

1b6772d8ea6f98f739753b976cef6de3.jpg
b18b414b68f1813c1ed28ac6ff9b3ed4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SanDiegoAg12
Update - I was just able to pull the metal clips through the open tabs on the frame. It seems like it’s possibly designed to attach there, but it’s also so snug that I maybe shouldn’t do that.

Still appreciate any thoughts or advice from the board!

marktole

WKR
That is how it is designed to attach. Those metal clips go through the open tabs at the bottom of the frame.

Yep. Use the tabs closet to the pack on the meat shelf. Keeps the slob out of the long tail better. Great packs man. I liked mine and wish I hadn't sold it.

rbljack

WKR
let me know how that works out for you. I also have a rambler and have been thinking the same thing...lite or ultra light frame to go with it. If you can include updated pics of how you attached the frame to bag, that would be great! also curious to know how you like it!

OP
SanDiegoAg12
Here are some more pics.

The bag feels very durable with it being the 1000D. I think it feels very snug when attached and the pack did not have the “looseness” that I have read about on here. The meat shelf is attached at the 3rd and 5th tab on the frame. It wasn’t something that I could easily setup, but i also did not want to do anything incorrectly with it being my first one.

My gear setup is built on two man camping (3 person shelter, MSR stove, large fuel bottle) and that with a few layers of jackets takes up the volume of the bag. Imm planning to run a stuff sack underneath with my sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and a few other things. I also have an OG lid coming that should give me a little more volume to work with.

All in all, I’m excited about the bag but a little less optimistic that I’ll be able to run it for 3+ days.

We’ll see if I figure out anything else!

Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer :)
e9e85aa604f148c54ccbe148aa397a8b.jpg
7794aaf5352df9a980c74b0d18119af8.jpg
730ca5e7de76493bc9a8ab5a6ca420d2.jpg

Gobbler

FNG
Looks like you've run the sliders through the fabric tab loops on the side of the frame? I'm not sure that will hold up under weight. Better test it out. The sliders are designed to run through the plastic common loops on the frame. There are two at the bottom. The lower sliders on your pack should line up with those plastic common loops. I see on the new frame there are no upper common loops. You can probably run a couple straps off those tab loops at the top to hold up the top end of the panel, or run a compression strap around the frame. As long as the bottom is supported it should function.

OP
SanDiegoAg12
Looks like you've run the sliders through the fabric tab loops on the side of the frame? I'm not sure that will hold up under weight. Better test it out. The sliders are designed to run through the plastic common loops on the frame. There are two at the bottom. The lower sliders on your pack should line up with those plastic common loops. I see on the new frame there are no upper common loops. You can probably run a couple straps off those tab loops at the top to hold up the top end of the panel, or run a compression strap around the frame. As long as the bottom is supported it should function.

Thanks for the pointer Gobbler! Is that what you’re referring to?
88476d06493ee9384b07350a34d2fea2.jpg

OP
SanDiegoAg12
Much appreciated!!!

Any other questions anyone has about the Mountain Rambler - fire away!