Kifaru/MSR

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I run a dromlite myself, its been pretty bomber for me.no reason to carry the extra weight IMO.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dromlite. The original dromedary bags taste awful.. Google it I'm not the only guys that thinks this... : ) The better question is what size Dromlite. I have a 4L I look forward to testing when DT1 comes in... I also keep the original cap in my bag (the hydration kit screws onto the lid). Its nice to have the option of using it without the hose.

slim9300

WKR
Dromlite. The original dromedary bags taste awful.. Google it I'm not the only guys that thinks this... : ) The better question is what size Dromlite. I have a 4L I look forward to testing when DT1 comes in... I also keep the original cap in my bag (the hydration kit screws onto the lid). Its nice to have the option of using it without the hose.

I would say the 4L should be fine but tight (which is probably good). I have a 3L Camelbac and it fits decently in my Timberline hydration pouch with some room width wise but not length wise. Do you want a measurement?

I will get my DTI in August.

In preparation I got a dromelite 4L. I bought the MSR hose and connection kit for a hydration bladder. It has a screw on fitting that attaches to the hydration hose. How do you hook up a quick connect to the dromlite/MRS hose kit. Do you use the connection and cut off the tube after the screw in fitting to the dromlite and place quick connect fitting as well. I was wondering if it will leak in the pack with that set up, or with friction.

Thanks.