WTS Kifaru muskeg 5,000

kc27

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOLD

Kifaru muskeg 5,000 with water bottle pouch, Like new, excellent condition. Frame is Duplex ultra light 24 inch, short shoulder straps, XS belt, curved stays.
$575 PayPal friends and family or add 3%.
b9d00646fe0471144dbc4d1df3d74457.jpg

4e95e93e40d5b8a8869d500637c900ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just placed an order with them for this exact bag and frame for my wife. So I’m very curious why you are selling.

Are the stays semi flat or curved? Bc semi curved isn’t an option.

Also, how long have you had this? Have you used it at all. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

OP
kc27

kc27

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order with them for this exact bag and frame for my wife. So I’m very curious why you are selling.

Are the stays semi flat or curved? Bc semi curved isn’t an option.

Also, how long have you had this? Have you used it at all. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Whoops sorry they’re curved, accidentally put semi because I just had semi flat ones sent to me-I fixed that in the post.

I personally could not get the pack comfortable on me. The folks at Kifaru were wonderful in trying to help me, and sent me the semi flat stays to see if it would help- which I still have but have to send back to them. I have had the pack since December, have used it hiking with just weight in it in preparation for a trip this fall.
Secondly I wished I had gone with a shorter frame. I am 5’6 and the frame comes up the back of my head, which I didn’t like. I feel I’m constantly looking down or leaning forward to not have my head hit.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Whoops sorry they’re curved, accidentally put semi because I just had semi flat ones sent to me-I fixed that in the post.

I personally could not get the pack comfortable on me. The folks at Kifaru were wonderful in trying to help me, and sent me the semi flat stays to see if it would help- which I still have but have to send back to them. I have had the pack since December, have used it hiking with just weight in it in preparation for a trip this fall.
Secondly I wished I had gone with a shorter frame. I am 5’6 and the frame comes up the back of my head, which I didn’t like. I feel I’m constantly looking down or leaning forward to not have my head hit.

Dang. Hate to hear that about the frame height. My wife is 5’6 as well. Sadly, you can’t run these bigger bags on 22” frames. We will see how it goes on fitting her, but if it’s not comfortable or restricts head movement, I’ll send it back for sure. You find something else that may work? In case I have the same issue. She has a smaller daypack she uses in Colorado when we elk hunt in September, but it doesn’t suffice for hauling meat. And with us going to Alaska next year for caribou on a drop hunt, I was going to get something bigger and more sturdy. I have a kifaru fulcrum that I use and love it. For the most part. Gotta unbuckle a lot of straps to get in it though. Lol. But it collapses to a great day pack too.

Ray.

FNG
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

It's a smaller bag, but have you tried the minikeg? It's the internal 22 inch frame.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Dang. Hate to hear that about the frame height. My wife is 5’6 as well. Sadly, you can’t run these bigger bags on 22” frames. We will see how it goes on fitting her, but if it’s not comfortable or restricts head movement, I’ll send it back for sure. You find something else that may work? In case I have the same issue. She has a smaller daypack she uses in Colorado when we elk hunt in September, but it doesn’t suffice for hauling meat. And with us going to Alaska next year for caribou on a drop hunt, I was going to get something bigger and more sturdy. I have a kifaru fulcrum that I use and love it. For the most part. Gotta unbuckle a lot of straps to get in it though. Lol. But it collapses to a great day pack too.

I believe the bigger bags will work on any frame. On the smaller ones though it sags father down. I’d call and ask Kifaru

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I believe the bigger bags will work on any frame. On the smaller ones though it sags father down. I’d call and ask Kifaru

They told me when I ordered mine for my wife that you have to have the 24” frame

OP
kc27

kc27

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hopefully it is comfortable for her! I could have just been being picky. I purchased a women’s Exo frame with a 4800 pack. I think normally the frame comes with a 3500 bag. Frame wasn’t listed online, I called them. They had told me any of the bags can be ran on the women’s frame, they would just be a little big and hang past the frame a little, but if I ran the frame on the tallest setting, it probably wouldn’t be as noticeable. I honestly don’t see too much of a difference or issue with running the frame on the tallest setting. Good luck!!

OP
kc27

kc27

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a smaller bag, but have you tried the minikeg? It's the internal 22 inch frame.

I have not tried that, thanks for the suggestion though.