Kifaru Muskeg patch

coleman

Lil-Rokslider
I recently purchased a used muskeg and it has a small hole/run in the fabric. I'd like to patch it up to keep it from getting bigger. Just wondering what other guys have used to patch their packs and how successful it was. Note: I did get ahold of kifaru and they said I could ship it to them and have them sew a patch on. Was just seeing what other options were out there as shipping to/from Canada is a bit ridiculous.

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
The 3m tapes used to bond cuben will stick great to the inside laminate surface of Xpac.
Use a scrap of xpac and build a single sided patch with this tape to apply to the inside. use seam grip on the outside

I put a small hole in my scope pocket shortly after buying my pack back in 2013 I think it was. I have used and abused this pack and never even thought twice about patching the hole. And the hole hasn't gotten any bigger. The Kifaru pack material is as tough as it gets!

tdot

WKR
I've used 3m VHB tape with DCF facing to patch 2 sides of a tear in VX21. Cut two different size oval or round patches, apply to both sides of the hole and then the more pressure that you can apply to both patches the better.

If this is in a high wear area, it may wear off, sewing might be better if that's the case.