Kifaru must have accessories?

soggybtmboys

Lil-Rokslider
I am patiently waiting for my 44 Mag and light Duplex frame to arrive, curious to what are must have accessories for the new rig. I’m coming out of an Eberlestock J34, this is my first Kifaru system. A long trip might be 7 ish days, without a resupply hike for me, probably 5 days as a main diet of backcountry trips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scp

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the purchase! The pullout bags are great if you’re an organizer, the pack cover is a worthwhile purchase, and a medium hip pocket and Nalgene pouch complement your kit well. Some basics, but some helpful ones.

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
all of them...

i really like having a pouch on the belt. can't imagine not having it. or a water bottle holster. or pullouts, or...well, see above...☝

wrkn2hunt

FNG
I recently got the 44 mag on the lite frame. My first Kifaru. I have the bottle holder on one side and small pouch on the other. I also ordered a claymore for a lid but instead put it on the pack towards the bottom and put the Sherman just above it. I have the pullouts also which will be nice. I also have a large pouch just in case I want that for something. I have owned quite a few packs but this things is awesome!!

bitbckt

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think I could live without pull-outs, nalgene holster, and meat bag. I usually run a medium pocket on my belt too, but that's not as essential for me.

Johnc427

Lil-Rokslider
Pullouts, grab-it and belt pouches for me! I run a bladder so no need for Nalgene holster like others have said..

KurtR

WKR
I am patiently waiting for my 44 Mag and light Duplex frame to arrive, curious to what are must have accessories for the new rig. I’m coming out of an Eberlestock J34, this is my first Kifaru system. A long trip might be 7 ish days, without a resupply hike for me, probably 5 days as a main diet of backcountry trips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I came from the same pack to the kifaru and it is night and day. I would say guide lid, nalgene holder and gun bearer are some of my favorites

work765

WKR
Get the belt pocket and Water bottle. Mandatory for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bel72

FNG
A small pocket and a water bottle holder for the belt and maybe a gunbearer should get you a long way. If you have money to spend afterwards a set of ultralight pullouts might be handy.

ChrisAU

WKR
Nalgene holder and Sherman pocket for me. The versatility of the Sherman pocket is awesome, love using it like a grab it to hold a bulky jacket or whatever.

Loco4dux

WKR
GUN BEARER
nalgene
mini belt pouch
small belt pouch

Medium and large pouches to attach to bag
7 days - might need a lid
i like the pullouts

mro

FNG
Really enjoying the medium and large belt pouches. I also use them inside a goruck gr1 as a daypack.

You can easily run 3/4" webbing with buckle through the tabs so it becomes an easy waist pack for day hikes / fishing.

tttoadman

WKR
The grabit is never not on my setups.

Beyond the obvious, I like the mini belt pouch on my left side. It fits my mini camera and I can slip my scope shade in it when not in use.

Last edited:

Mitten32

WKR
I love their guide lid compared to other packs I’ve tried. Cut the straps off and put k clips on the top slots it weighs only 5.5 ounces which is solid for 1200 cubic inches of extra space. You can run another belt pouch off it was well. Nalgene holder is money along with the ultra lite pullouts. I run a medium pouch on my hip belt

richiexu

FNG
Definitely the sherman pocket! Can be attached to any backpack w/ anchor points and to put a lot to stuff in.