KIFARU - No response

Sent Kifaru a concern about the pack I bought from them. The load lifter strap keeps coming off of that K Clip or whatever they call it. Its a giant pain in the ass to get back in there too so I have no idea how it keeps coming out.

Pretty disappointing they never returned my e-mail for the amount of money we spent there this year.

I sent my e-mail to : [email protected] is this not the customer service e-mail anymore?

Does anyone have a fix for keeping this strap from coming out of the klip?

All in all the pack was great but that strap came out of that Klip on both of our packs 15 times during a 7 day hunt.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 149
Call them. They’ll take good care of you. I’d lot rather talk to someone versus email exchanges any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowplow

WKR
Yeah the customer service thing has to be a fluke deal they're usually really super good.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
weird on both accounts. i would call.
I have never had those slide off. The one time it did was user error. you have to make sure the material is flat across the whole bar and not wrinkled.

Just got back from a hunt and had this same issue when loaded in the 100-120 range. Right as I’d make it to my feet and adjust the strap, it would pop. First time I thought it was broken based on the sound. Then I thought it was a weight issue so I dropped most of my non meat items. Still happened and only on one side. We weighed my meat at the house and it appears at 58lbs plus 20lbs of gear and 6lbs of water it still happens. But much less frequently.

I did not call them because after I started to dissect the issue at home, I found that when I made the error of presenting the load lifters, that was the only time this would happen. If I left them mostly slack and did my routine if getting up, they did not pop out. I also made it a habit of just double checking my strap hasn’t folded like a taco, prior to putting on the bag.

I’ll be watching to see if they report back anything to you. As I’d like to know if this is just a quirk or possibly (my gear is new this year) a bad batch of webbing or klips.

MattB

WKR
Call them.

Like above, the only time I've ever had the webbing slide out of one of those was when I did not seat the material correctly.

Call them.

I had the same results on the customer email before. I don't think they really check that email account very much?

But they do answer the phone.

rbljack

WKR
Yep phone call should work. When ive called them they have been very helpful. Not only when I made a purchase, but on two other occasions when I was just asking questions, and not related to any purchase.

Email is not the best communication source especially for businesses. So many things go to the spam folder and never make it to who you sent it too. Cyber security is constantly changing and the email spam rules are always changing resulting in lots of lost emails.

Id call

OP
MallardSX2
I found that when I had them loose they came out more easily that when I had them right. So I guess its just the opposite. I do know this. My wife was super pissed about it and already wants to sell her pack. I cant blame her. She struggled with hers. The webbing was in fact installed correctly and was flat.

I did indeed check the spam folder. Nothing in there. SO I dont know I guess I will give them a call I recon.

OP
MallardSX2
I sent them an e-mail and I inquired on their "Contact form" on their website.

How long has it been since you emailed them? Today is a holiday that many businesses close for, so if you emailed on Friday after work, it wouldn't be unreasonable for them not to get back to you until tomorrow.

jmav58

WKR
Why have a customer service email and contact form if you're not going to properly monitor them? People email and text these days, just the way it is.
That's a good point, I was just wondering why he emailed them again when everyone above mentioned calling them instead.

Its pretty simple. If any company hasn't returned my email after a couple days I will just call. If I need something right away I will always call first.

Something must be wrong or a holiday because Aron puts his number all over this forum and has always answered my emails way faster then I expected. I am currently saving up for a Kifaru pack mostly for the great customer service and the made in America thing too.

Austink47

WKR
Every experience I have had with Kifaru costumer service has been above and beyond top notch. I am sure they will make it right. And congratulations on having a heavy pack.

MattB

WKR
How long has it been since you emailed them? Today is a holiday that many businesses close for, so if you emailed on Friday after work, it wouldn't be unreasonable for them not to get back to you until tomorrow.

Not to mention, right in the middle of their busy season.