Kifaru; Number 1 Pack

hunt&fish

FNG
AMR is my favourite to date. However I like / need a lot of cubic inches for long late season hunts. In my mind the perfect bag would be a 10 000 ci hoodlum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncavi8tor

WKR
I'm new to backpacking, but my Fulcrum is a hell of a bag! I don't see myself ever needing another pack for long trips. It seems to be very versatile. The Reckoning was number 2 on my list, but I didn't like the open top side pockets.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Both my reckoning and my DT1, the side pockets collect twigs and spruce needles like crazy. I keep saying I’m going to have flaps sewn on with a button, would be a easy fix, and still could run the pocket open if a guy wanted.

Sewing a buckle down flap is exactly what I was thinking if debris became an issue.

Rock-o

WKR
Cavern is nice but it's out due to asymmetrical design. Don't like the Mountain Warrior. That gets me up to the Hoodlum. I like it. But getting on up there in size when, realistically, the Reckoning is almost certainly more than what I need. I think the [medium] Muskeg is also asymmetrical otherwise I like it.
I ended up getting the Hoodlum. I think I made the right choice after all.

Tradchef

WKR
I love my reckoning. I started with a woodsman which I also love but I hunt solo and i‘m a meat in the bag guy. It got pretty tight stuffing elk in that bag so I switched. Center zip is great. I also use a cargo panel and guide lid that I’m equally stoked with for day hunts and hauling out lots meat.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I switched from the fulcrum as a single pack to dedicated packs and I’m loving it so far.

MaDuece and 22Mag...

The MaDuece is an absolute unit and can carry a ton of crap. A lot of guys “hated”‘on all the webbing, but as a notorious overpacker who likes things organized and easy to access, it allows me to keep a ton of stuff outside the main bag which I love.

This is from a 12 day trip after I had most of everything unloaded and taken out.

Native as a lid with organizer pocket and large belt pouch. Medium and small belt pouches on the main bag plus the two big side pockets that come on the MaDuece. I can get to everything I need quickly and drop the main bag for just the native. Move a couple things from pouches and side pockets on MaDuece into the native and I’m off and running.

MaDuece is my new favorite pack.

1EC80F61-9BF9-47CD-A6F3-D1E334985FDF.jpeg