Kifaru older belt / harness compatibility on new frames

Spoonage

FNG
Hi All,

Wanted to see if the older duplex shoulder harness and belts are compatible on the new lite / ultra lite frames or even a new tactical frame, or if there are any fundamental differences between them. Thought I read (depending on how old) the belts had 2 delta straps instead of the single delta straps now. Any other differences? Is it worth trying to retrofit the older ones onto a new frame? Really wish that the new frames (shoulder straps and belt) came in multicam. Only reason I haven’t dropped the hammer yet on a purchase (and would even pay a bit more to get the belt / harness in MC). It’s probably just me, but if I’m going to drop $1k on a new pack, frame, and accessories I would at least want it to be the same pattern. would be a different story if I was piecing something together completely from used kit. I did email customer service and they told me that unfortunately at this time the MC option isn’t offered for the frame.

Last edited:

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
The new Lite and Ultra lite frames use a 3/4" webbing to attach the shoulder straps instead of 1" so it won't work without modification. The older belts did use the delta straps but the sleeve that the frame fits into hasn't changed. You could sew a 1" strap in between the Molle on the belt to work with the new frames. For custom stuff, I usually recommend David over at Native Textiles ( https://www.ntcolorado.com/ ) or talking with your local firefighters. They usually have a preferred person that fixes up their bunker gear and have heavy duty machines. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can walk you through modifying your gear to work with the new frames.

OP
S

Spoonage

FNG
Thanks for the response. Looks like it's doable but need to modify a bit for it to work.