Kifaru pack choice nomad 2 or emr series

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I have been trying to decide on a new pack for my kifaru frame. As of right now it's only been used in Colorado. I want a bag that can be used in the Midwest but also be used out west as well (at least for right now but will probably buy another one next year). I seriously considering the nomad 2 because I can really shrink it down for here in Missouri hauling a stand or blind onto public ground. However I would like to see one with the camp bag on it and loaded up with about 7 days worth of gear, and this is where I start wondering if the emr series would be better but unsure how well it would work for deer back here and chasing yotes and turkeys for the most part of the year. I know I have read where other people suggest the reckoning and no offense to kifaru but with their pictures it's really hard to tell what the capabilities are for each pack. I used the amr last year and while it worked for my trip I just could not get it to work for the majority of the stuff I do back home. I'm also new to all of this stuff so please correct me if I am wrong about any of this or if I am way off base on my selections.

kodiakfly

WKR
I've carried the EMRII and I think it's more bag than you'd need. And I thought Aaron or someone posted a pic of a prototype replacement for the EMRII, but I may've been mistaken. Regardless, it's a big bag. I bought mine for extended hunts on foot and moose float trips. I don't think a lot of guys use it for Western hunts. I love the EMRII, but it was more than I even needed here and now I've pared it down to hunting with a cargo panel with pockets attached.

And that brings me to my reply on your comment that Kifaru doesn't really show the capabilities of their packs. They show pretty good pics on Instagram and stuff like that, but the actual website itself just shows the pack or accessory because the options and configurations are endless. You really can build your own pack and use it however you like based on your needs.

For the Nomad, you could run it with a camp bag, a Native or with a cargo panel or a cargo net based on your needs and what you want to carry...

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
You're right and I should have specified I was talking about the website. I have seen the videos aaron has done on kifaru insiders and that is what makes this a little more difficult for me.

cg2737

WKR
I have no experience with the EMR but I absolutely love my Nomad. It works great chasing turkeys, Whitetail,, carrying treestands etc. here in the East. Super versatile. I am strongly considering buying the Nomad 2 for my Colorado trip this fall. The changes Kifaru made seem spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the best of both I believe I'd go the nomad route. With a camp bag, guide/native as lid and grab it, you'd be able to do pretty much anything with it. Just whether you want that big bag permanently attached or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatrascal

WKR

Not the best picture of the pack but I've got about 6 days worth of food and gear. My spotter is in a gun scabbard between the wings of the Nomad. If I see something I take off the pack and slide the spotter out. You can see my bow on the back.
Both the Nomad and EMR are great packs. If you are hauling a tree stand then it has to go on the outside of the bag on the EMR. Which may not be ideal if the bag is full. On the Nomad you can put the stand between the wings and put the bag on top of it or go Bagless or put the stand on your bag if you prefer.
Go to YouTube and watch the loading up the Nomad and EMR 2 videos to help you decide what's best for you. Fatrascal