Kifaru pack for whitetail Treestand hunting

BEwinnie86

Hey all just wondering what setup you guys are using for Treestand hunting whitetail. I have a mystery ranch pop up 28 that I use and I really like that pack but was looking for something that I’d really be able to customize how I want it as the pop up doesn’t have the internal pocket organization that I like and no molle(pals) webbing on the outside either. Ideas and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ben

mdf21

Hey all just wondering what setup you guys are using for Treestand hunting whitetail. I have a mystery ranch pop up 28 that I use and I really like that pack but was looking for something that I’d really be able to customize how I want it as the pop up doesn’t have the internal pocket organization that I like and no molle(pals) webbing on the outside either. Ideas and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ben
I was going thru the same debate you are. I considered the pop up but ended up just recently ordering a kifaru urban zippy. Not made for hunting but had some organization and it can be customized on the outside with some compression straps, grab it or Sherman pocket (Or other various pouches). I didn’t want a huge pack to have a bunch of unused space but something that I can add to for jackets and layers the later on it gets in the season.

aclawrence

I’m curious on this as well. I’ve switched to saddle hunting and my Reckoning worked great for carrying sticks and packing out a whitetail but it’s basically to big to hang up in the tree. I’m a little unsure what to do at this point. The frame is going to be the same size whatever bag I throw on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk