Kifaru pack for whitetail Treestand hunting

pirogue

WKR
I got the Kifaru Antero specifically for Eastern whitetail stand hunting. Have a larger Kifaru for western hunts. Wanted a a pack with that volume, plenty pals and can use my Grab-it. Didn’t want the Stryker or any others without the foam/ breathable pads, that keep the whole back area from getting wet from sweat in warmer weather.

OP
B
If anybody wants a 2020 MR Pop up 28 in subalpine I have one that I’ll be unloading because I’ll be getting the Stryker. PM me if interested.

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
Using a stryker for western and whitetail. Perfect for hang and hunts, carrying blind chairs, tripods and extra gear when taking kids hunting.
49895841a9eca2ac7dd8f84ceae9320e.jpg

What length frame are you using? I've been debating picking up a Stryker for that same setup for saddle hunting but I'm concerned that my 24" frame might be too tall and cumbersome.

lukemcd44

FNG
Hey all just wondering what setup you guys are using for Treestand hunting whitetail. I have a mystery ranch pop up 28 that I use and I really like that pack but was looking for something that I’d really be able to customize how I want it as the pop up doesn’t have the internal pocket organization that I like and no molle(pals) webbing on the outside either. Ideas and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ben
Kifaru Stryker is a solid pack, especially if you hunt mobile.

Jg48

FNG
I'm also in the same boat. Need to pack a lone wolf assault and 4 sticks anywhere from 2-3 miles in. Then pack a whitetail out if im lucky.

What im looking at:

1 - MR Pop Up 28 - will be great for whitetail, but in a few years if i start heading out west i'll need to upgrade. Least expensive option
2 - MR Pop Up 38 plus Mule. Use the mule for whitetail hunts, and the 38 as a larger option in the future
3 - Kifaru duplex lite frame and Stryker - possibly overkill for mobile whitetail hunting, but best option for future expansion. Most expensive option

Does anyone with experience with these packs have any advice?
Old thread but I’m looking at a similar set up. 4 sticks, platform for saddle hunting, and bow in. And hopefully a deer coming out. What pack did you end up going with?

tbian1

FNG
Using a stryker for western and whitetail. Perfect for hang and hunts, carrying blind chairs, tripods and extra gear when taking kids hunting.
49895841a9eca2ac7dd8f84ceae9320e.jpg
Deciding between this and the MR Pintler but this is definitely +1 for Kifaru.