Kifaru pack for whitetail Treestand hunting

Hey all just wondering what setup you guys are using for Treestand hunting whitetail. I have a mystery ranch pop up 28 that I use and I really like that pack but was looking for something that I’d really be able to customize how I want it as the pop up doesn’t have the internal pocket organization that I like and no molle(pals) webbing on the outside either. Ideas and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ben

mdf21

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all just wondering what setup you guys are using for Treestand hunting whitetail. I have a mystery ranch pop up 28 that I use and I really like that pack but was looking for something that I’d really be able to customize how I want it as the pop up doesn’t have the internal pocket organization that I like and no molle(pals) webbing on the outside either. Ideas and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ben

I was going thru the same debate you are. I considered the pop up but ended up just recently ordering a kifaru urban zippy. Not made for hunting but had some organization and it can be customized on the outside with some compression straps, grab it or Sherman pocket (Or other various pouches). I didn’t want a huge pack to have a bunch of unused space but something that I can add to for jackets and layers the later on it gets in the season.

I’m curious on this as well. I’ve switched to saddle hunting and my Reckoning worked great for carrying sticks and packing out a whitetail but it’s basically to big to hang up in the tree. I’m a little unsure what to do at this point. The frame is going to be the same size whatever bag I throw on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cap

FNG
I'm also in the same boat. Need to pack a lone wolf assault and 4 sticks anywhere from 2-3 miles in. Then pack a whitetail out if im lucky.

What im looking at:

1 - MR Pop Up 28 - will be great for whitetail, but in a few years if i start heading out west i'll need to upgrade. Least expensive option
2 - MR Pop Up 38 plus Mule. Use the mule for whitetail hunts, and the 38 as a larger option in the future
3 - Kifaru duplex lite frame and Stryker - possibly overkill for mobile whitetail hunting, but best option for future expansion. Most expensive option

Does anyone with experience with these packs have any advice?

Drenalin

WKR
I'm also in the same boat. Need to pack a lone wolf assault and 4 sticks anywhere from 2-3 miles in. Then pack a whitetail out if im lucky.

What im looking at:

1 - MR Pop Up 28 - will be great for whitetail, but in a few years if i start heading out west i'll need to upgrade. Least expensive option
2 - MR Pop Up 38 plus Mule. Use the mule for whitetail hunts, and the 38 as a larger option in the future
3 - Kifaru duplex lite frame and Stryker - possibly overkill for mobile whitetail hunting, but best option for future expansion. Most expensive option

Does anyone with experience with these packs have any advice?
Will the Mule go on the Pop Up frame? I didn't think packs were interchangeable between the Guide Light and Pop Up frames.

cap

FNG
Will the Mule go on the Pop Up frame? I didn't think packs were interchangeable between the Guide Light and Pop Up frames.

Mystery Ranch says that it does fit on the 2020 Pop Up frames, not sure about the older ones.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
Using a stryker for western and whitetail. Perfect for hang and hunts, carrying blind chairs, tripods and extra gear when taking kids hunting.
49895841a9eca2ac7dd8f84ceae9320e.jpg

OP
B
My plan is to be hauling a Millennium M7 with 4 hawk helium sticks. The more I’ve been looking at the size of the Stryker, the more I’ve now been looking at the 22 mag.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
My plan is to be hauling a Millennium M7 with 4 hawk helium sticks. The more I’ve been looking at the size of the Stryker, the more I’ve now been looking at the 22 mag.

I wish the 22 mag had the cargo panel like the Stryker. Would be the perfect whitetail bag

ch73890

FNG
looking for a pack for saddle hunting. looking to carry full lengths sticks two on each side with the ability to pack clothes in as well.

Im currently using the MR Guidelight with Mule bag, but id be a liar if i said i wasnt interested in moving to a kifaru. Been looking at the stryker, nomad 2 and 22 mag.6F73E0B7-D7DA-4107-8551-EB9E91D24E5F.jpeg

Reactions: Cng

PAhntr91

WKR
looking for a pack for saddle hunting. looking to carry full lengths sticks two on each side with the ability to pack clothes in as well.
Sitka has the new cargo box pretty much made for that. But not able to pack meat