WTS Kifaru Paratipi & small stove, stakes, poles, mosquito netting PRICE PKG UPDATE SHIP TYD

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M

MAVinWA

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based in WA, OTC archery public land in AZ, UT, so
I often refer to this Paratipi as a "smaller Sawtooth".
I've had it up in high country, early September in some pretty gusty winds. One day was so windy, I just sat/laid in tent for most of the day. Taking a few minutes break outside to stand & stretch. Key is to pitch the tent in the right position depending on wind direction. Cuts and diverts wind great if set up right....like the Kifaru Sawtooth.

Been in heavy WA State rain, does not leak as it was seam sealed by Kifaru directions.
Rain can cause some condensation if pegged tight to the ground. In these conditions, I usually use cords on the sides and peg so tent is 2-3" above ground. My small butane backpack lantern would put off enough heat to prevent or dry off any condensation.
Of course had the stove been with me, a small fire in the stove clears all condensation.

As mentioned, the stove was used mostly in my partners 6-man Kifaru teepee in October-November seasons.
Stove was never used in the ParaTipi….but there were times I wish had packed it in those late Sept hunts.
I would keep that stove fire small in the Paratipi, for as in the 6man, going fire strong, sometimes we'd zip open that 6-man tent!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you said it is better for 1 person and gear but the dimensions seem like it can still be suitable for 2. I am not a big guy and neither is my hunting partner. Do you have any experience with two people in the paratipi? Even if it is a little crowded, if it will work for two people I think this is a perfect fit for what I am looking for.

OP
M

MAVinWA

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based in WA, OTC archery public land in AZ, UT, so
The first year, one my hunt partners and I shared this Paratipi, 3 nights for 2 early September trips. We'd known each other for 30+ years, my best friend...in elk heaven now and I miss him every year.

Back then I'm 6-2", he 5-10" both of us in shape. It was ok, had to coordinate movements. He brought a Kifaru sheep tarp, which we set up as a lean too off the Paratipi's front door like a vestibule. At night we slightly lowered the sheep tarp to better cover packs, bows against any unexpected weather, wind or dew.
Boots, Bear spray and handguns stayed with us in the tipi. Food in storage bags hung high in tree 80' away.
my butane pack lantern was surprising at how quickly it would warm up the Paratipi.

Due to my snoring and his teeth grinding all night, after that we took separate shelters. Me the Paratipi, he the Megatarp w/annex. If visiting, I hated the top of my head pushing against the top of Megatarp...while sitting in the center. 2 years of that and he sold the Megatarp, opting for 6-man tipi.
At front peak area of Paratipi, there is plenty of headroom to sit upright.

btw: doctor measured my height now at 6-1", old age has shrunk me!

Status
Not open for further replies.