Kifaru Rambling Rifle?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've been able to see everything come together on this, but don't have all the particulars....

I called Ross Shelton (Owner of Kifaru Arms), and he will join up later and answer all the question.

shaun

WKR
Awesome I would definatly curious aboout it. Checked out pictures last night and it beautiful

Cascade_Sherpa

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool, I couldn't even tell that it had a resin wrapped barrel until I read through the description, it just looked like either the dull satin finish of a Ti rifle or a bake on coating like cerakote.

rutfest

FNG
Wow! Talk about a sweet setup i can't wait to see some more info on it

Thanks for the intro, Aron!.
Glad to see some excitement already as we've just released it yesterday.
Anyone who has any questions let me know. I'll be frank and let everyone know that Chippewawarrior is right in the fact that it does include a Kifaru price tag. It is very hard to make a rifle this light and keep it robust while maintaining accuracy without swiss cheesing steel. We're weighing in at about 4# 14oz with scope and rings. Titanium proprietary action designed by John Pierce to Patrick's specs. The threads are cut tighter, larger and finer than your typical 700. Our stock uses carbon fiber, kevlar and fiberglass and weighs in extremely light at just 19 ounces. The barrel is carbon wrapped here in Wheat Ridge to bull barrel diameter but weighing in at a nice light weight while minimizing whip.

Please PM me for additional info or email me at [email protected]

We've got some nice hardsided aluminum locking travel cases to go with these.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that quality such as this doesn't come cheap! It just means I'm going to save my pennies for a while! I will eventually obtain one...

Hello friends,

I am pleased to announce the Introduction of Generation II Kifaru Rambling Rifles.

And also the men who have picked up the reins of producing them again, after a hiatus of several years. The Ramblers were my brain child. You will find much discussion about them right here in the Kifaru Message Board archives as well as by Googling on the Net. The rationale for their invention was, and still is, this: They are purpose-built for the long range backpacker who requires a powerful enough rifle for the terrain he's operating in for doing whatever needs doing--living off the land, self defense, hunting, or just rambling the high and wide in complete self-sufficiency. As such, they were and stiil are the lightest serious caliber rifles ever built. When one is operating afoot weight efficiency is paramount. They were and are quite accurate as well. AND they are take-down switch-caliber rifles to top things off. They are therefore do-anything micro-light tools for serious on-foot riflemen. One rifle filling the requirements of several...and all with a single scope too. So the cost is spread widely over multiple functions, making for an attractive all-up cost benefit analysis, if one wishes to account for it.

Kifaru produced fifty of the original Rambling Rifles--built for me by various talented gunsmiths. I abandoned the project when I had finally had enough of "gunsmith time" on the part of contract gunsmiths. All other Kifaru products were under my direct control, so when I said I would deliver on time I did. Not so with the rifles; someone else was doing the actual building, but I was left holding the bag on timely delivery. All fifty rifles were serialized. The GII's will commence with serial number fifty one. (I even know the man who will receive it; if I'm not mistaken he owns original rifle--and three barrels-- number 39. Welcome back, sir!) Perhaps many of you know that the original fifty have become pretty sought after pieces.

The men behind the Re-Introduction of Kifaru Rambling Rifles are Ross Shelton, C.J. Conant, and Joshua Manke. I have known Ross ever since his return from combat Marine service. His wife is the daughter of Kifaru's own Ken Lentz. Ties run deep in other words. Ross and his friend C.J. approached me two years ago about bringing Ramblers back. I said fine as long as they are as good as the originals and if you fellows handle the sales and production. They agreed and I gave them my blessing. They have done just that. The Rambler they presented me for accuracy testing put three shots into 5/16 inch with these antique eyes behind the scope. The gun is less than five pounds with scope. Good enough...Ramblers are back.

Joshua is the man to talk to regarding technical matters and ordering. He is completely knowlegeable about ballistics, hand loading and calibers for hunting all manner of game. He and I have ongoing discussions about such things because I'm a nut about it too. I am still involved in the new Company, KifaruArms, just not directly. I am available for consultation, and love talking about calibers and such. I've shot Ramblers a lot as you might imagine. KifaruArms deals in other firearms and parts as well, just for the record. They do a good job of it too. They are right here in the north end of the kifaru Headquarters building; we talk all the time.

The Rambling Rifles are better than ever. The KifaruArms crew did not rest on original laurels. A Rambling Pistol is in the works (much to my delight). And much more. Check 'em out. If you're a remote kind of rifleman--a Rambling man--these very special firearms are built for you.

Patrick Smith

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Good to see you on here Patrick.

When I was over at Kifaru the other day Aron showed me the rifle and WOW is all I can say. I think you have another home run that is for sure. Little out of my price range but whoever is lucky enough to get their hands on one of these rifles is getting top notch!

Hello friends,

I am pleased to announce the Introduction of Generation II Kifaru Rambling Rifles.

And also the men who have picked up the reins of producing them again, after a hiatus of several years. The Ramblers were my brain child. You will find much discussion about them right here in the Kifaru Message Board archives as well as by Googling on the Net. The rationale for their invention was, and still is, this: They are purpose-built for the long range backpacker who requires a powerful enough rifle for the terrain he's operating in for doing whatever needs doing--living off the land, self defense, hunting, or just rambling the high and wide in complete self-sufficiency. As such, they were and stiil are the lightest serious caliber rifles ever built. When one is operating afoot weight efficiency is paramount. They were and are quite accurate as well. AND they are take-down switch-caliber rifles to top things off. They are therefore do-anything micro-light tools for serious on-foot riflemen. One rifle filling the requirements of several...and all with a single scope too. So the cost is spread widely over multiple functions, making for an attractive all-up cost benefit analysis, if one wishes to account for it.

Kifaru produced fifty of the original Rambling Rifles--built for me by various talented gunsmiths. I abandoned the project when I had finally had enough of "gunsmith time" on the part of contract gunsmiths. All other Kifaru products were under my direct control, so when I said I would deliver on time I did. Not so with the rifles; someone else was doing the actual building, but I was left holding the bag on timely delivery. All fifty rifles were serialized. The GII's will commence with serial number fifty one. (I even know the man who will receive it; if I'm not mistaken he owns original rifle--and three barrels-- number 39. Welcome back, sir!) Perhaps many of you know that the original fifty have become pretty sought after pieces.

The men behind the Re-Introduction of Kifaru Rambling Rifles are Ross Shelton, C.J. Conant, and Joshua Manke. I have known Ross ever since his return from combat Marine service. His wife is the daughter of Kifaru's own Ken Lentz. Ties run deep in other words. Ross and his friend C.J. approached me two years ago about bringing Ramblers back. I said fine as long as they are as good as the originals and if you fellows handle the sales and production. They agreed and I gave them my blessing. They have done just that. The Rambler they presented me for accuracy testing put three shots into 5/16 inch with these antique eyes behind the scope. The gun is less than five pounds with scope. Good enough...Ramblers are back.

Joshua is the man to talk to regarding technical matters and ordering. He is completely knowlegeable about ballistics, hand loading and calibers for hunting all manner of game. He and I have ongoing discussions about such things because I'm a nut about it too. I am still involved in the new Company, KifaruArms, just not directly. I am available for consultation, and love talking about calibers and such. I've shot Ramblers a lot as you might imagine. KifaruArms deals in other firearms and parts as well, just for the record. They do a good job of it too. They are right here in the north end of the kifaru Headquarters building; we talk all the time.

The Rambling Rifles are better than ever. The KifaruArms crew did not rest on original laurels. A Rambling Pistol is in the works (much to my delight). And much more. Check 'em out. If you're a remote kind of rifleman--a Rambling man--these very special firearms are built for you.

Patrick Smit
No

Last edited: