KIFARU Reckoning Backpack Review, by Jordan Budd

Think this pack is compressible enough to be dual use for hunting or backcountry stuff and in town or not really?

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Think this pack is compressible enough to be dual use for hunting or backcountry stuff and in town or not really?

It's definitely compressible enough depth wise but you'll always have that frame length to contend with. I use mine as a carry on sometimes and get along pretty good. It could definitely work though.

I don’t mind the length I got it in not camo so it doesn’t look like a military bag. Moreso was on the lines of would it be cumbersome and awkward if it’s not full. Had a hpg qui ya before it was stolen and unless I wasn’t going home for a while had a hard time using it for not camping. Top loader didn’t compress down well and it was all kinda hard and cumbersome to use. Though their frame was solid for internal frame real comfortable and shit you not had just shy of 200 pounds loaded up at one point

Last edited:
Reckoning holster question

Hey Jordan....What Holster are you running on the reckoning? I recently purchased a Alien Gear Mollie holster but found that the PALS webbing was separated to wide on my hip where I wanted to run it. I've currently mounted it closer to the front near the buckle. Oh and keep up the great work. I enjoy your reviews and videos. Take care.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Jordan....What Holster are you running on the reckoning? I recently purchased a Alien Gear Mollie holster but found that the PALS webbing was separated to wide on my hip where I wanted to run it. I've currently mounted it closer to the front near the buckle. Oh and keep up the great work. I enjoy your reviews and videos. Take care.

I have the JC Custom Kydex. He is @jccustomkydex on Instagram. PM me and I'll shoot you his number if you need.

Thanks for the support!