Kifaru Reckoning Pouches

eh254413

Lil-Rokslider
My Kifaru Reckoning is going to show up any day now and wanted to get some input on what size and configuration of belt pouches everyone likes to run. I should mention I plan on getting a lid no matter what.

I got one each of the small medium and large and have added and removed them depending on the trip. They’re so quick to move around it really adds to the versatility. I have the organizer lid and am very happy with it. The last 4 day trip I used it for stuff that was staying in camp so it was easy to pop it off for hunting and still keep everything organized. If you’re going to use a bottle holder like I do the smallest organizer pocket I don’t remember what it’s called will fit on the belt too so the other side is free for the gun bearer

Kshusker

FNG
I put a medium belt pouch, bottle holder and a guide lid on mine. Pouch was in the side of the bag and I kept my water purifying stiff in it. I kept everything else in the bag or lid in pullouts. I used this set up on two 5 day bear hunts. Worked pretty well for me. Granted these were my first backpack hunts but it was simple and didn't have extra pouches to put things I didn't need in just to fill space.

OP
eh254413

eh254413

Lil-Rokslider
After hearing what others had to say, I am going to start with a lid and a medium on one side. I appreciate the help!

NickyD

Lil-Rokslider
Late to this post but the medium fits perfectly on the hip belt. A large would probably be too big on the hip belt.

That being said, I have my first aid kit in a large pouch and attach it to the bottom side of the (reckoning) pack. Thinking about adding another large pouch to the opposite side for easy to access items.

I don’t like using the organizer lid for day hunting but it’s great for backpacking. I find myself tinkering with my setup on an annual basis. One additional I’d recommend is grab-it. Nice to have for your rifle/bow or possibly something else that you don’t want in the inside of the pack like wood or garbage bags.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
I added a Sherman pocket. Carries my 15x56mm Swaros, or other items. To go with my 2 lg pouches, 1 med pouch. Image is of my 22MagG2 w/Sherman attached. I like the ability to switch over my various pockets, accessories over to my Reckoning for those 3+ day backcountry hunts.

Attachments

• Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman 2 resize.JPG
    Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman 2 resize.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman laid out 2 resz.JPG
    Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman laid out 2 resz.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: