Kifaru Reckoning vs Hoodlum vs Dall

Depends on your specific preferences, although they are pretty similar. I enjoyed the Reckoning as it's a great bag but wanted to try the Hoodlum. I prefer the enclosed side pockets on the Hoodlum, on the opposite end I like the full zip of the reckoning. These are the two main differences for me. Depending on what you need it for, I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

No experience with the Dall.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I had the Reckoning and I sold it to buy the Hoodlum. I didn't like the open pockets on the Reckoning. The Hoodlum fits my style much better, but you can't go wrong with any of them!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I prefer the open top sleeve pockets of the Reckoning to a zippered pocket like the Hoodlum. I use a DT1 with similar side sleeve pockets and love them. The center zip of the Reckoning is really nice for a quick load or unload. I’m not a fan of adding belt pouches to bags because unless their stuffed full they can come loose. My choice of your 3 options would be the Reckoning. My partner uses one occasionally and loves it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From scouting to killing. Packed out the entire goat, quartered, with room to spare. High altitude antelope was a blast! Washed the pack and was back out scouting for upcoming elk hunt yesterday. I've said it before, the Hoodlum is a do it all pack! Love it!

Attachments

• 20220829_192859.jpg
    20220829_192859.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 20220821_164034.jpg
    20220821_164034.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 99
From scouting to killing. Packed out the entire goat, quartered, with room to spare. High altitude antelope was a blast! Washed the pack and was back out scouting for upcoming elk hunt yesterday. I've said it before, the Hoodlum is a do it all pack! Love it!
great looking speed goat. Where did you get? I used to live in sandia park just north of you

OP
TOLeary

TOLeary

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer the open top sleeve pockets of the Reckoning to a zippered pocket like the Hoodlum. I use a DT1 with similar side sleeve pockets and love them. The center zip of the Reckoning is really nice for a quick load or unload. I’m not a fan of adding belt pouches to bags because unless their stuffed full they can come loose. My choice of your 3 options would be the Reckoning. My partner uses one occasionally and loves it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How come you like the tall open pockets? What do you use yours for? That was probably the only thing I didn’t love about it

How come you like the tall open pockets? What do you use yours for? That was probably the only thing I didn’t love about it
The zippers make noise and they're never in the right place. Zipped closed, open too much and needs adjusting, wasted weight, etc. The open top sleeves allow me a silent place to slide my sit pad, bugle, trekking poles, beanie, gloves, etc with zero need to fiddle with a zipper. Love having a fast ready silent place to slip gear vs a zippered pocket I'd have to mess with.