Kifaru roll-top pod vs drawstring pod?

Hi, I have a small Kifaru roll-top pod, and while it's great for easily compressing things down, I generally find it awkward to attach to my pack unless I don't have much in it, as when it's stuffed you end up with almost a toaster-shape that you are attaching to your pack, as if you were trying to attach a toaster along its long, narrow side. Am I doing it wrong? I also have a large roll-top but that's definitely oversized for my Xing anyway.

I know people love the drawstring pods, but those were before I got into Kifaru so I don't have any of them. I have thought about trying to get my hands on a medium drawstring pod (lol, good luck though, right?), but I was wondering if anyone has (or had) both a roll-top pod and a drawstring pod and would be willing to give me some info on how they differ from each other functionally. Thanks in advance for any info.

OP
B
Well, believe it or not but I just snagged a medium drawstring pod in olive drab on eBay (at way above what they would have cost originally, but oh well), which should look fine on a foliage pack I would imagine. Everything doesn't have to be matchy-matchy as long as it goes together. If I notice any significant differences about how it attaches to my pack I'll post in here in case anyone else has a similar question.