Kifaru sale

MNGaryB

FNG
There is a pretty good sale on kifaru’s website right now. Looks like everything in coyote color is on sale. I saved $100 on a slick bag

I don’t think everything in Coyote Brown are on sale. Packs and accessories are normal price; except for the X-ray in mulitcam. But yes, some Coyote Brown sleep systems are on sale, i.e. the Quilt, Backcountry Body Bag, and Slick Bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just pulled the trigger on slick bag. After years of window shopping, $100 off just got me. Seems like size availability is getting limited compared to when I looked Monday. Also, it says it will ship end of May, so a bit of a delay there but still a good deal on a piece of kit I have wanted for years.

OP
MNGaryB

MNGaryB

FNG
I just pulled the trigger on slick bag. After years of window shopping, $100 off just got me. Seems like size availability is getting limited compared to when I looked Monday. Also, it says it will ship end of May, so a bit of a delay there but still a good deal on a piece of kit I have wanted for years.
We were in the same boat! I got the last long/wide 0 deg bag!

20* Slick bag arrived today (actually Friday but I was away). Very nice piece of kit. Very Kifaru. build is confidence inspiring and solid. Execution is well done. Design is utilitarian without a lot of elegance or bells and whistles.

+ Sized a long wide. Plenty or room for me (6'3" #250 with 50" shoulders and 38" waist) in the bag. Foot box is roomy, shoulders work and length is good.
+ Made in the USA
+ draft tube and collar seem to work well.

- It aint light - I haven't put it on a scale but it is at least 1/2# more than the nemo forte I was running
- It aint small - Barely fits a medium kifaru 5 string stuff sack. TBD how much it will compress
- The zipper only opens to my hips. This is possibly my only disappointment. I like to open my bag up and use as a quilt in hotter weather and the closed foot box will prevent this.

It will be a few months before I have enough trail time to review this thing, but very happy so far.

OP
MNGaryB

MNGaryB

FNG
20* Slick bag arrived today (actually Friday but I was away). Very nice piece of kit. Very Kifaru. build is confidence inspiring and solid. Execution is well done. Design is utilitarian without a lot of elegance or bells and whistles.

+ Sized a long wide. Plenty or room for me (6'3" #250 with 50" shoulders and 38" waist) in the bag. Foot box is roomy, shoulders work and length is good.
+ Made in the USA
+ draft tube and collar seem to work well.

- It aint light - I haven't put it on a scale but it is at least 1/2# more than the nemo forte I was running
- It aint small - Barely fits a medium kifaru 5 string stuff sack. TBD how much it will compress
- The zipper only opens to my hips. This is possibly my only disappointment. I like to open my bag up and use as a quilt in hotter weather and the closed foot box will prevent this.

It will be a few months before I have enough trail time to review this thing, but very happy so far.
i got the wide/long 0 degree. I am very happy with the fit. We are the exact size. It’s hard to believe something so thin can be so warm. I laid out in the bed of the truck at 30 degrees and was to warm to keep zipped all the way. mine will work well for ice camping and snoozing in the tree stand besides only in AK!