Kifaru Scout?

Birddog

FNG
Is anybody using a Kifaru Scout? I'm contemplating one for treestand hunting for whitetails. I thought of using it to haul fresh clothes when I have a long walk in, as well as carrying gear for hanging stands, etc. Anybody use one? Or any other thoughts on a good pack for that usage. I want one that carries well, as I walk about a mile and a half from the truck to the area that I hunt.

hflier

WKR
I think you will find it small for that. I though the same and in reality it doesn't hold much. I would be good for taking a fews call, your lunch, and maybe a packable rain jacket. Much more than that, you need something bigger.

bbrown

WKR
Perfect pack for that - I was tempted myself but need another pack like I need a hole in the head.

OP
B

Birddog

FNG
The X2 looks pretty similar to my MR Longbow...I was wanting to get away from the bulk, but perhaps I want my cake and eat it too. Looks like a good deal tho.

Lawnboi

WKR
Kifaru e&e is my go to whitetail stand pack. Throw a couple pockets on it, hang it on my stand for the walk out. Clothing can be cinched to it in a variety of ways. Tough little pack that I also use year round for many different activities

bbrown

WKR
For what its worth - I own the MR Dragonslayer (similar to the Longbow) and had the X2. The X2 is smaller in height and depth plus weighs alot less without the NICE frame.