Kifaru setup question (packing line wolf stand)

Has anyone used the Stryker XL to pack in a lone wolf assault stand and sticks? If so how did you set it up and was it easier than just using a molle strap system direct on the stand ( I currently have molle straps and just hook dry bags with gear to my stand).

Was also wondering how the hellbender works for the same scenario? I am in the process of switching from a kuiu pack to kifaru, and if this is a feasible route would add one of those two packs to my order to use as a day pack.

I use a Stryker xl to haul my summit climber. I absolutely love it. Carries with ease. I would imagine the hellbender would be even better if you see yourself needing more room in the bag.

GR1NCH11

FNG
I am interested in this as well. I have an alpha hang on. Hadnt thought about hanging dry bags on the stand. I usually can carry everything I need until ithe weather gets cold and I start needing layers to add once I'm in the tree.

I've done some digging and found a picture of a lone wolf stand in the stryker and it looks like it sits up pretty high. I'm currently waiting on delivery of a shape charge. I'm thinking I can use compression straps (guide lid kit) fed from the shape charge, through the stand, to a duplex frame. This should let it sit lower than it would in the stryker or hellbender meat shelf.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220501-154926_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-154926_Instagram.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 57
OP
S
I am interested in this as well. I have an alpha hang on. Hadnt thought about hanging dry bags on the stand. I usually can carry everything I need until ithe weather gets cold and I start needing layers to add once I'm in the tree.

I've done some digging and found a picture of a lone wolf stand in the stryker and it looks like it sits up pretty high. I'm currently waiting on delivery of a shape charge. I'm thinking I can use compression straps (guide lid kit) fed from the shape charge, through the stand, to a duplex frame. This should let it sit lower than it would in the stryker or hellbender meat shelf.
Appreciate the picture. It’s what I was thinking, but am leaning towards the hellbender and being able to put the sticks in the pouch on the front of the bag.

To clarify the dry bags, I just cinch them down under the straps holding the sticks on the stand.

The xl and hellbender have a deeper sling, allowing the stand to sit a little lower.
It will still be above your head, but it isnt unmanageable. It is annoying in super thick brush, but the way it carries more than offsets that for me.

Last edited:
OP
S
The xl and hellbender have a deeper sling, allowing the stand to sit a little lower.
It will still be above your head, but it isnt unmanageable. It is annoying in super thick brush, but the way it Carrie’s more than offsets that for me.
Thanks, that was what I was hoping to hear