Kifaru setup

Acpinn

WKR
Finally ordered a Kifaru frame before they shut down and was wondering what pockets everyone prefers to run on the pals webbing belt. Also interested in pockets to outfit with a pack.

I don't run pockets on the belt. Most do I reckon. But, I just never saw the need in doing so. Every pack bag I run has a pocket or zippered compartment for GPS and headlamp. So, before I bought any, I'd make sure you needed it

I run a small and a medium sized xpac on the top and the middle of my muskeg along with a nalgene holder on the hip belt, I like this set up keeps it simple and sleek without a ton of pouches everywhere.

LionHead

WKR
I run a medium Kifaru pockets on left side of the belt for trail snacks, headlamp, cell phone and sometimes games calls. You could probably get away with a small just as well, I just happen to have mediums and they fit

Tactical tailor H1 accessory pouch also fits well, although I'd Paracord it over Molle because the clips can dig into your legs

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I just mounted my DT1 to my new Tactical frame. I took the 2 small belt pockets off the Bikini belt and attached to the Standard Lid, and will order 2 medium pockets for the belt.

Ranger619

WKR
I like the medium sized belt pockets over the smalls (I have 4 of each) They don't weigh that much more and I think they are handier to use. I have used both a bunch. I now tend to run 1 medium on my belt instead of 2 smalls. The medium is easier to use on the side of my T1 or T2 for putting a rifle stock in too.

OP
A

Acpinn

WKR
Thanks for all input on options, patientlyawaiting arrival! Appreciate everyone's time for a Rok newbie!

If I'm using my exo 3500 bag on my kifaru frame I use small or medium pockets on each side. With my woodsman or reckoning I use a bottle holder on the left side and medium pocket on the right.

Left side always has a mini belt pouch and Nalgene bottle pocket. Right side has a pistol holster or medium belt pouch depending on the trip I’m taking.

Bloc004

FNG
Medium belt pouch on one side and nalgene holder on other. I had an exo with a pocket on each side and found it unnecessary for two. I will also throw a holster on the water bottle side as well.

pc3

WKR
Nalgene holder one side, medium belt pouch on the other here as well.

JMDavies

WKR
I'm a big fan of pouches. They're relatively inexpensive, so I own a wide variety and that the pouches that make sense for the trip I'm on. I'll even carry a couple of empty pouches in my day pack amd mount them to make room for meat when successful.