Kifaru setup

mtrecon

Lil-Rokslider
I currently run a Kuiu 7200 and just not the right pack for me. Going to go with Kifaru, give me some suggestions on a setup. I'm 5'10, 190, 36 waist, I love the Kuiu 7200 bag and would want similar ci. Like pockets, usally carry 50-55lbs for trips. Leaning towards timberline d2, hunting frame or tactical? Guide lid.

I suggest the DT1 or AMR. The DT1 is almost the same size as the Kuiu 7200 with a slightly shorter snow collar. The AMR is bigger but doesn't have side pockets (there is PALS to add some). You can always compress a pack, but you can't make it bigger.

What's your inseam? Based on height alone assuming an average (32") inseam you are right between sizes IMO. It will also depend on how you like it to ride, but a taller frame doesn't hurt as you can always lower the load lifters. The only disadvantage is that it's taller when using it as a daypack and can get caught on stuff. Really you should just give Aron(when he gets back from trying to kill a Griz) or Frank a call and they will talk with you and help you decide. A medium belt will be perfect.

I have a timberline 1 with a couple added pockets and a guide lid.Great bag that didn't cost a lot. Medium belt should work great for you and if your not going through a lot of thick brush you have to duck under then id just go with the 26" frame. Im 5' 9" and have no issue with my 26"

BKhunter

WKR
I have a timberline 1 with a couple added pockets and a guide lid.Great bag that didn't cost a lot. Medium belt should work great for you and if your not going through a lot of thick brush you have to duck under then id just go with the 26" frame. Im 5' 9" and have no issue with my 26"

I have the exact same set up and I'm the same height.....Looking forward to using it this year.

I have the exact same set up and I'm the same height.....Looking forward to using it this year.

It's a great setup, even my daughter likes it.

ec2908000e120b7a0ba8977da1c610ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcm2

WKR
The EMR is on sale in the Rhino Den. Call and speak to Frank or Colin, and I think you'll be well-served.

AdamW

WKR
From a bag standpoint I have a Timberline 2 with a guide lid. Depending on how bulky your gear is or if you typically fill up the 7200, I'd check out the Timberline 1 for sure. Not much bigger when compressed down and gives you more CI to work with instead of having her busting at the seams.