Kifaru shame on you

Status
Not open for further replies.

rclouse79

WKR
Luckily I am still rocking mine from 15 years ago. I will keep your sour grapes in the back of my mind and pull the trigger on a new one in January when it is time.

slick

WKR
Kifaru maliciously made the company’s biggest move pre-hunting season just to screw with Roksliders.
What’s in your control? Not Kifaru’s business moves.
Purchase a pack from another reputable company, sell it post hunt and get over it.

ljalberta

WKR
Small business making a big move. I’m not surprised they have additional delays. Bummer to hear, but I’m really not surprised considering all the logistical stuff that can and does so often lead to large delays with this type of move.

Had to cancel the order I placed in mid may. I’m not sure who at that company thought it was a good idea to move right before hunting season but what the hell were you thinking. There’s all kinds of people buying gear and u guys still haven’t shipped anything. What a bone head decision. I’m sure the fan boys will chime in but it’s still a bone head decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lolz, they were very upfront and open that this would be the case this year.
My guess is they start shipping in 1-3 weeks, so just after you've thrown your toys out of the stroller.

SwiftShot

WKR
1. The guy had a piece of gear break while training. So poor planning white knights can sit the hell down. He was training with a pack instead of sitting on his ass all year until the hunt.
2. Shit has happened to companies so there are problems that where not foreseen. So delays happen.
3. Companies should be honest with their customers on shipping and lead times. People have things planned and if they dont think they can have the product to the customer in time be honest. TELL THE TRUTH.
It is easy. Sorry Sir, because of unforseen problems we will not be able to get that product out to you until next year.

ChrisAU

WKR
Look, I love Kifaru. But I’m a bit chapped about this for one reason. This is the email that came out in May when I bought my Shape Charge:

BA81DA20-6556-461A-B5FA-0485038FD0D9.png

I’m sure whoever wrote that email is still getting shit daily from everyone at Kifaru. But then we find out there’s a 12 week lead time…12 weeks will be tomorrow.

But, I’m also not up against a deadline. I bought it thinking I’d use it at a couple shooting matches which have come and gone.

OP
R

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
Didnt you sell a kifaru pack last year?

When i jumped to Kifaru from SG, i kept that SG until i had a new pack in hand... when i jumped from MR to SG, i kept that MR in hand until i had the SG in hand... maybe you painted yourself into a corner selling one you had and suddenly find yourself packless and panicking before hunting season and think its somehow their fault... thats how im reading all of this, i could be wrong, ive been wrong before....

I buy and sell gear all the time. That doesn’t have anything in this with there terrible decision. I have a pack to use.

zacattack

WKR
Apparently they sent some “test” shipments earlier this week but still aren’t ready for regular shipping.

There’s always hope!

They did put notices up all over the place on expected shipping delays of 8 to 12 weeks during the sale. I think it’s the risk we all took when ordering.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unlocked after removing the name calling and argumentative comments, carry on.

KHNC

WKR
Best thing is just dont buy kifaru in the first place. MOst of their packs are too heavy anyway. Not to mention well over priced compared to EQUAL competitors out there. Just buy a Seek Outside. Much lighter, and also just as good or BETTER than Kifaru. Im pretty sure SE beat out kifaru in one of the serious head to head backpack tests a while back.

T3RRY P

FNG
Based on the conversations I have seen the last few days, it sounds like they are getting close to being back to more normal operations. They started sending out some test shipments, and it sounds like production has continued through the transition. Once they are back up and running, all they need to do is start pulling and assembling orders and get them out the door. I ordered another pack in late May, so I am anxiously waiting also. Here's to hoping we all get our stuff with time to test out before our seasons start!

OP
R

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
Based on the conversations I have seen the last few days, it sounds like they are getting close to being back to more normal operations. They started sending out some test shipments, and it sounds like production has continued through the transition. Once they are back up and running, all they need to do is start pulling and assembling orders and get them out the door. I ordered another pack in late May, so I am anxiously waiting also. Here's to hoping we all get our stuff with time to test out before our seasons start!

When I called and canceled mine yesterday the rep I spoke with didn’t have a positive tone in his voice. He stated they are so backed up any order placed now will maybe get out by first of the year

A major move and expansion is hard for any company especially in todays world of supply chain issues. I personally admire Kifaru for leaving CO to go to a more pro-LEO, Pro-hunting, pro-gun state, pro-Rokslide way of life.

There is never any good time to move. A lot of the bigger Clothing MFG are expecting only 50% of product to actual ship to them this year.

Supply chain suxs for any machine parts rights right now.

Not making excuses for Kifaru if there is a lack of communication, because that’s one thing they can control.

OP
R

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
A major move and expansion is hard for any company especially in todays world of supply chain issues. I personally admire Kifaru for leaving CO to go to a more pro-LEO, Pro-hunting, pro-gun state, pro-Rokslide way of life.

There is never any good time to move. A lot of the bigger Clothing MFG are expecting only 50% of product to actual ship to them this year.

Supply chain suxs for any machine parts rights right now.

Not making excuses for Kifaru if there is a lack of communication, because that’s one thing they can control.

Yes I agree with the move and the reasons why. And I for sure can understand wanting to get out of CO. I just think they could have provided some type of temp set up to keep orders moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.