Kifaru shame on you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to cancel the order I placed in mid may. I’m not sure who at that company thought it was a good idea to move right before hunting season but what the hell were you thinking. There’s all kinds of people buying gear and u guys still haven’t shipped anything. What a bone head decision. I’m sure the fan boys will chime in but it’s still a bone head decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the company is moving so they aren’t shipping anything? Super weird, Stone glacier is legit and have just about everything they have to offer in my opinion. There gear is a little expensive but you get what you pay for and they’ll always take care of you and ship you whatever on warranty work to fix whatever it is. I’ve been super pleased with that company.

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
No time of the the year is a good time to move an entire manufacturing company from one state to another especially when the new building was still under renovation. Logistically it's not any better to try and move a company during the Wyoming winter months, so at some point they have to make a tough decision. I'm sure they as a company would love to be producing and shipping product because that's how they make money, they didn't move during the summer before hunting season starts just to spite customers. The only other thing I'll say is that to be fair to Kifaru they did plaster their pages with notifications that anything purchased after May 1st would not be eligible for shipping before they began their move, once a move starts all certainties are off the table.

OP
R

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
No time of the the year is a good time to move an entire manufacturing company from one state to another especially when the new building was still under renovation. Logistically it's not any better to try and move a company during the Wyoming winter months, so at some point they have to make a tough decision. I'm sure they as a company would love to be producing and shipping product because that's how they make money, they didn't move during the summer before hunting season starts just to spite customers. The only other thing I'll say is that to be fair to Kifaru they did plaster their pages with notifications that anything purchased after May 1st would not be eligible for shipping before they began their move, once a move starts all certainties are off the table.

Now this is a post I can appreciate. I did not think of the winter months and moving.

Yep.

There is no good time to move. The fact that comments in this thread seem to think Kifaru made the decision carelessly or without extensive consideration is mind boggling. They've needed to move for a while and things have come to a head.

We have the luxury of unlimited hunting seasons down here so the whole idea of "needing to get in before season" just doesn't exist.

I'm currently waiting on a Reckoning, frame, and some pockets. Yes, I'm excited. No, I'm not getting impatient. I have other bags here that I can use (and have used) for backpack hunts and it's all good to me.

Kifaru is going to be better for the move; not worse. Some slightly drawn out lead times and inconveniences for one hunting season will not be remembered in the future or legacy of the company. People will remember that they moved to a much bigger centre to allow their company to continue growing in a positive way and provide hunters with quality gear that they can depend on.

If anyone wants to call me an employee or fanboi, I own a few bits of Kifaru gear but no big backpack yet. I live in Australia and have used an Exo 5500 extensively for the last 4.5 years.

HoneyDew

WKR
The only thing that irks me about this whole process are companies that charge me before they ship when they know there is a large lead time. Same reason I always owe the IRS a little at the end of the year. I’m not in the business of providing $$$$ interest free loans.

OP
R

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
The only thing that irks me about this whole process are companies that charge me before they ship when they know there is a large lead time. Same reason I always owe the IRS a little at the end of the year. I’m not in the business of providing $$$$ interest free loans.

That is one thing I didn’t think of. They are probably sitting on a 1/4 million in orders I bet

slick

WKR
Haha. Fan boy. Own an LPP and that's it.

Enjoy packing whitetails out from the back 20 with your postponed kifaru brother.

I'll admit, I'm a slight fan boy. But of Kurt Racicot, not Aron.

Edit: here buy this
or

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how, if you post something negative about how Kifarus move adversely impacts you...you are correct but if you take the objective view to see it from a business owners perspective you're labeled a fanboy by those who only see how the relocation affects them? Who is actually acting like a "boy" here? Grow up whiners.

giphy.gif

Ordered some stuff during the sale. Not really worried about having it.
Anything with lead times I assume will go past their "expected" dates.
No guarantees on built to order things.

I bought during the sale and can't really complain. Seemed like a fair agreement. They get enough money from cutting prices to pay their employees while they move and I eventually get a pack cheaper than usual. That pack will last a long ass time, or I can sell it for full price if I dislike it.

It's safe to assume they lost a few employees because of the move too, so I could see that affecting fulfillment times.

Life is alright. If not getting a sale backpack in time is someone's biggest problem then that's a pretty nice life.

Status
Not open for further replies.