Kifaru Shape Charge, to belt or not

rr.taylorjr

Lil-Rokslider
Using as a day pack, lightwieght mostly. Looking for opinions on if the belt as needed or not. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
I love the stability of a belt on a pack once you get to around 25L or more. I also like it for attaching a water bottle pouch and a small belt pouch for frequently used items like a compass, gps etc. i hate having to take off my pack to get a drink or a frequently used item. It’s all personal preference

pirogue

WKR
I don’t want a belt on a daypack, because it interferes with my carry sidearm.

Depends on what your carrying. If its all day hike with water , snacks, spotter and layers ill use a belt. For a few hours quick hike I don’t. Buy one with it , its easy to remove and put back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fordcappy

FNG
Depends on what your carrying. If its all day hike with water , snacks, spotter and layers ill use a belt. For a few hours quick hike I don’t. Buy one with it , its easy to remove and put back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What he said!!!

My 2 cents. It can take a lot of weight before you need a belt.

OP
R

rr.taylorjr

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the opinions. RG one ordered with belt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Athame

Lil-Rokslider
I did a nine mile hike with 25 lbs. two Saturdays ago without a belt and a 14 mile hike with 30 lbs. last Friday with a belt. I can say that the bag at those weights feels better with the belt, and I almost never wear belts at those weights. When I use the Shape Charge, I will use the belt. Most definitely. Per the load-out, I think that 30 lbs. is simply too much weight to wear comfortably with the SC.

Attachments

• camp4.jpg
    camp4.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 55
  • camp5.jpg
    camp5.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 55
  • camp7.jpg
    camp7.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 55
  • camp8.jpg
    camp8.jpg