Kifaru Shape Charge vs Mini Keg

I'm looking to get some opinions or comparisons of these two packs. Looking for a day pack for predator hunting mostly but also some regular hiking with the family. I know there's a 4-in difference in frame height plus the mini keg has the duplex suspension. I'm actually liking the shape charge for not having the oversized belt and oversized lumbar pad. Any thoughts, comparisons, or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same situation and got a shape charge and am very happy how it has worked for me and how comfortable it is with being a shorter frame. With the kid I like having the extra organization as well as having the thinner shoulder straps that lay flat in the car. If youre more concerned with hiking im sure the mini keg is more comfortable but I have no complaints with the shape charge up to about 30lbs and im 6’3”

OP
H
I had the same situation and got a shape charge and am very happy how it has worked for me and how comfortable it is with being a shorter frame. With the kid I like having the extra organization as well as having the thinner shoulder straps that lay flat in the car. If youre more concerned with hiking im sure the mini keg is more comfortable but I have no complaints with the shape charge up to about 30lbs and im 6’3”
Thank you. The thinner suspension and layout were two things that I really liked

hunterjmj

WKR
I have the Minikeg and love it but no experience with the shape charge. The Minikeg is the perfect day pack for how I hunt 90% of the time. The size, simplicity and configuration makes access to my gear easy and the two side pocket keep my trekking poles/tripod secure and easy to get to. It rides like a dream and stays tight to my body which makes for easy moving. The Rambler has a great review on the YouTube's of the Minikeg. Definitely worth a watch.

Last edited: