Kifaru Shape Charge?

Torian13

FNG
Hi all. I am an eastern white tail hunter. I hunt the swamps and salt marshes near Camp Lejeune, NC. I'm looking for a decent white tail pack. I saddle hunt so being able to strap a platform and sticks to the outside would be a plus. I need ample storage for warming layers, and my saddle If I choose not to wear it in. I kayak to spots frequently so I don't want salt water touching my climbing gear. Who has used the shape charge? And who would recommend it for my needs? Thanks

WJS23

WKR
It’s a sweet pack the only thing I don’t like about it is that it doesn’t have a carry handle on the top. I would add a Sherman pocket as well.

It’s a sweet pack the only thing I don’t like about it is that it doesn’t have a carry handle on the top. I would add a Sherman pocket as well.

I agree. For a company that seems to have a handle fetish, NOT putting one at the top of the Shape Charge is weird. The two part handle thing sort of works, but doesn't. It is not in the right spot. Other than that- they are neat packs.

As to the OP- I don't think it would be the best choice for strapping stuff to. Maybe there are better options out there for what you are specifically looking for?

Pezboat

WKR
The Shapecharge with a Sherman works awesome for saddle hunting. I can’t seem to find the pictures now, but maybe I can add them later. My saddle fits perfectly into the Sherman. I strap 2 Lone Wolf sticks to each side of the pack. Then I tuck my saddle platform under the Sherman leaving the entire bag for gear, coats, etc. I hunt Minnesota, so I’ve since switched to the Kifaru Nomad to carry in my gear as my cold weather stuff is a bit bulky. Early season, worked great.

RAPTOR

WKR
I agree. For a company that seems to have a handle fetish, NOT putting one at the top of the Shape Charge is weird. The two part handle thing sort of works, but doesn't. It is not in the right spot. Other than that- they are neat packs.

As to the OP- I don't think it would be the best choice for strapping stuff to. Maybe there are better options out there for what you are specifically looking for?

True. But a piece of paracord tied between the two loops at the top of the shoulder straps is perfect and makes it an awesome treestand bag especially with the addition of a sherman pocket.

OP
T

Torian13

FNG
Thanks for all the replies guys. Looks like ill be getting the shape charge and a Sherman. The lack of top handle wont bother me in the least. Like stated above, a piece of paracord will remedy that.

I’ve been using the hell out of the SC, although not for tree stand use. I can say it’s a sweet pack, comfortable, and just the right amount of organization for me. Add a Sherman and your versatility really goes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAPTOR

WKR
I’ve been using the hell out of the SC, although not for tree stand use. I can say it’s a sweet pack, comfortable, and just the right amount of organization for me. Add a Sherman and your versatility really goes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the fence with mine. I used it for a few day hikes, carry on for the plane, vacation, etc. I grabbed an UZ on here because of my complaints. The sherman pocket now made it so I can't get rid of either pack and will likely keep both. It's almost perfect at this point.

wildmed

FNG
The Shapecharge with a Sherman works awesome for saddle hunting. I can’t seem to find the pictures now, but maybe I can add them later. My saddle fits perfectly into the Sherman. I strap 2 Lone Wolf sticks to each side of the pack. Then I tuck my saddle platform under the Sherman leaving the entire bag for gear, coats, etc. I hunt Minnesota, so I’ve since switched to the Kifaru Nomad to carry in my gear as my cold weather stuff is a bit bulky. Early season, worked great.

pezboat, since you have had both the Nomad and the shape charge and saddle hunt, hoping you might be able to help me with my current dilemma! Thanks in advance for any advice!

Could you use the nomad 2 and shape charge simultaneously? I’m looking at the shape charge for carrying camera gear because it fits Mission Workshop Capsule perfectly, but I am also considering the Nomad 2 because I use 5 Beast Gear sticks for saddle hunting and when I strap the Beast sticks to the outside of my current pack, they get caught on EVERYTHING. I’m wondering if I could open up the wings of the Nomad, strap my Beast Sticks and Predator Platform to the molle, then put the shape charge with my camera gear on top of the Beast Sticks and secure the shape charge to the frame as well, then close the bat wings and tighten the compression straps down over the shape charge. I’m thinking the nomad wings would hug the sides of the shape charge, which I think would be similar to how the wings of the fulcrum hug the larger bag in the middle? I hunt MN and WI too, and I’m usually wading through marsh to get to my spots, so wearing my warm layers to the tree is not an option and as much as I love the Beast Sticks for climbing, they are really hard to pack without catching brush, especially with 5 of them. I would plan to use the 1800cu inside the nomad wings to stuff my insulation layers, saddle, lineman rope + tether, etc.

I have not seen both bags used simultaneously before, especially for my specific use, so I was hoping you might have some advice, having used both packs before for saddle hunting?

Picture of my Beast sticks attached for reference, they unbelievably lightweight and are great for climbing but a royal pain to pack through brush.

Attachments

• 4EAC7FFB-74BC-4B2E-8E28-6DC531B8127B.jpeg
    4EAC7FFB-74BC-4B2E-8E28-6DC531B8127B.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 83
  • EC21B67A-FDEE-49BA-9E5B-75884CBDB9AC.jpeg
    EC21B67A-FDEE-49BA-9E5B-75884CBDB9AC.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 81

wildmed

FNG
Oops i dont know why that second picture posted... guess you all know my lock combo now 😂

Pezboat

WKR
Oops i dont know why that second picture posted... guess you all know my lock combo now 😂

30 16 22. Got it. But yeah, I think that would work out perfectly for what you’re trying to do. The Shapecharge can be attached to a frame pretty easily. Below are some photos of my saddle setup with the Nomad and a Sherman. I have 4 Lone Wolf sticks and a predator platform attached to the Nomad. Then I throw the Sherman over the top with my saddle in it. I lock everything down with the wings. It’s a silent setup. Just replace the Sherman with the Shapecharge, and there’s your setup.

1573530388295.jpeg1573530635084.jpeg1573530680519.jpeg

wildmed

FNG
30 16 22. Got it. But yeah, I think that would work out perfectly for what you’re trying to do. The Shapecharge can be attached to a frame pretty easily. Below are some photos of my saddle setup with the Nomad and a Sherman. I have 4 Lone Wolf sticks and a predator platform attached to the Nomad. Then I throw the Sherman over the top with my saddle in it. I lock everything down with the wings. It’s a silent setup. Just replace the Sherman with the Shapecharge, and there’s your setup.

View attachment 132534View attachment 132535View attachment 132536

Thank you!! This is a huge help!

wildmed

FNG
That sherman pocket seems super useful. Might also pick one of those up for times when Im not running camera gear.

Pezboat

WKR
That sherman pocket seems super useful. Might also pick one of those up for times when Im not running camera gear.

I absolutely love the Shapecharge/Sherman combo. It’s perfect for travel. Sherman under the seat and throw the Shapecharge in the overhead bin.

OP
T

Torian13

FNG
Well...now they came out with the striker...damn I do t know what to do

WJAadams

FNG
What about for something like Total Archery Challenge? I have a tough time deciding between the SC and the Antero.

Shape Charge w/ 4 beast sticks and Predator platform.
For TAC you don’t need much. Water, snacks and arrows. The SC is still big for that but will work.
5A6E87B1-87D2-4A9F-8E81-AD59FC78460F.jpeg

Last edited: