Kifaru Sherman as daypack on Duplex frame

jikkyo

FNG
Does anyone run the Sherman pocket alone on the frame as a daypack?

I am looking at the 44 mag as the all around pack to do day trips and 5-6 day hikes/hunts. But it would be nice to be able to drop a couple of pounds during a day trip and just throw on the Sherman.

Thanks in advance,
Leo

10ringer

WKR
Sherman + quarter panel on a frame has lots of versatility. During whitetail season I carry a dry bag with clothes and stand in the quarter panel. Sherman unbuckles and goes up the tree with me. This set up is great for going in light and coming out heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pawvbow

FNG
Sherman + quarter panel on a frame has lots of versatility. During whitetail season I carry a dry bag with clothes and stand in the quarter panel. Sherman unbuckles and goes up the tree with me. This set up is great for going in light and coming out heavy.

Love this idea! Would definitely make the hour hikes with a climber in West Virginia more bearable!

OP
jikkyo

jikkyo

FNG

I can definitely see myself running this set up for day hunts and training hikes. Very versatile set up

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Jikkyo, the Large Compression Pocket can be attached to the frame with a couple buckles and K clip straps to make a pretty light weight day pack as well. There is a tab for hydro bladder and two slot pockets on the inside.

OP
jikkyo

jikkyo

FNG
Jikkyo, the Large Compression Pocket can be attached to the frame with a couple buckles and K clip straps to make a pretty light weight day pack as well. There is a tab for hydro bladder and two slot pockets on the inside.

Bender,

thanks for the info. Would you recommend the LCP or Sherman for my purpose. Or are they both equal. I’m looking for a small daypack that can hold a deboned deer/bear on the shelf.

I ran a Sherman and the OR dry bag to pack meat. It worked good. Probably would have done better with a cargo net or quarter panel then the Sherman.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

swehrman

Lil-Rokslider
IMO, the large LCP gives you a little more room as a day pack for gear. The Sherman alone could fill up quickly. It all depends upon how much gear you bring with you. Personally I would take the LCP over the Sherman for the role you're describing.

-- Scott

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Jikkyo, as Scott mentions you are going to get more room with the LCP over the Sherman. With a LCP and a Grab-it you can haul a lot of stuff with room for your essentials. The LCP can be used as a compression panel as well with a K-clip comp kit or attached to the frame with K-clips like a Nomad wing on any of our packs.