Kifaru Sherman as stand alone pack- totally possible

TubbsTru

WKR
Maybe I'm late to the party on this one, but I messed around today with the Sherman as a standalone pack and- well- call me crazy but I think it works really well. All you need to do is detach it from the main bag/frame and run the straps like you would intuitively think you should for shoulder straps and it's good to go for final stalks/quick jaunts/ascents. So light you don't even know it's there.

(pics are the worst, I know)

IMG_3538.jpg

IMG_3553 (1).jpg

IMG_3558 (1).jpg

IMG_3559 (1).jpg

pwsINC

WKR
I like this idea. Since most the packs now can be run with lid I've mostly stopped using one. But I almost always find use for a grab it. This is something I need to try. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pwsINC

WKR
I think its suppose to isnt it? That's the designed intent I thought it said in the kifaru video.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Tsnider

WKR
Just seeing this, as I just got a Sherman pocket. Surprised this isn’t an intended use, being that it’s a perfect shape and layout. I plan on doing basically the same thing. I’m going to remove my main pack from the frame at camp and use an xpac Sherman and xpac guide lid to the frame to save weight during the day but still able to carry my tarp, water filter and camera and stuff. For approach I’ll detach the Sherman and take just that to close the distance. Xpac will help my day setup water resistant and keep the camera a little more safe.

Been doing the same thing with my Guide Lid for years. Sherman should work well just a little smaller and heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk