Kifaru Sherman on Exo K2?

md126

WKR
Anyone use or attach a Sherman picket to an Exo K2?

Looks like a great way to add a little more space and organization
Thanks

scp

Lil-Rokslider
Would be a wonderful addition for those days where a little extra external storage is needed. The tab loop placement and the incompatible buckles make it a little tougher than you might think. You can certainly run a Sherman on the front of an Exo bag, but it takes different buckles and attaches a little awkwardly. I tested it on the 2000 and 3500 bags and didn’t really dig it.

scp

Lil-Rokslider
No pics, and unfortunately I’m away from my gear for a bit. I tried the Sherman in place of the Exo lid. I used open ended buckles to attach the Sherman to the tab loops on the top of the frame and added a set of open ended buckles with straps to the same tab loops that the bottom compression straps are sewn onto. It worked ok, but it was a little strappy and made accessing the zippered stretch sleeve on the bag kind of a pain. The whole reason I did it was to make the 2000 and 3500 a little easier to manage for carrying a climbing stand. I figured that by using the Sherman vice a lid I’d have reasonable storage with less interference on top of the climber when it was wedged in between the bag and frame. What I found was that it still wasn’t great. As for using it on the 5500, I never tried. I have that bag, too, and use it for late season hunts only. I don’t want to attach any more pockets to it. It’s already big enough!