Kifaru Sherman Pocket or E&E

Hey all,

I have a Sherman pocket and I’m wondering if I could turn it into a small day pick or if I should try to sell/trade it for a E&E pack and use it on my Stryker set up.

I’m open to thoughts and suggestions. I like the Sherman, but it would be the ultimate if it had tuck-able backpack straps.

Thanks,
Aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RhinoKel

FNG
Hey dude, only just saw this after searching the same thing. I added some Platatac Echo Straps using the normal Kifaru slotted male / female buckles so that they could be completely removed and the Sherman attached to the pack. It’s pretty small as far as packs go, basically a bare minimum final approach kit. I’ve basically got a water bottle, snacks, insect repellent, tiny med kit, gloves and hat in it. Ive got Buckleys chance of fitting a jacket in there. The bane may work better but you lose the functionality of the Sherman acting like a scabbard.

The E&E is a burly little bag. Not sure if you handled one, but its heavier than you might think. I use it as an early season whitetail pack, I just dont see it as something Id use in conjunction with a frame pack out west. No doubt you could do it, but its just...burly.

On my stryker XL, I use a med and large belt pouch and I add a sherman on top of the belt pouches, or a claymore gen 2 as a lid. If you know anyone with some basic sewing skills, I dont think it would be too difficult to rig some 1" webbing up to use as shoulder straps on the sherman.

Sounds like the perfect add on is the Cinch they just released. Its basically a larger sherman with straps to do exactly what you are looking for. I believe Aron said theyll eventually sell it by itself, but for now its just part of the Maniml pack.

RhinoKel

FNG
The E&E is a burly little bag. Not sure if you handled one, but its heavier than you might think. I use it as an early season whitetail pack, I just dont see it as something Id use in conjunction with a frame pack out west. No doubt you could do it, but its just...burly.

On my stryker XL, I use a med and large belt pouch and I add a sherman on top of the belt pouches, or a claymore gen 2 as a lid. If you know anyone with some basic sewing skills, I dont think it would be too difficult to rig some 1" webbing up to use as shoulder straps on the sherman.

Sounds like the perfect add on is the Cinch they just released. Its basically a larger sherman with straps to do exactly what you are looking for. I believe Aron said theyll eventually sell it by itself, but for now its just part of the Maniml pack.
Yeah that cinch looks ok, sort of in between the Sherman and the Bane. They may be moving away from things like the Sherman now that they have the scabbard available (in terms of rifle carrying).