Kifaru shout out

rclouse79

WKR
I had all but made my mind up to buy a new pack. My ancient timberline 1 had lost the nonslip material on the lumbar pad and a draw string broke loose. After some good advice I was able to ship it to kifaru for $15 after removing the lid, stays, pockets and waste belt. I filled out the paperwork but could not find my original purchase order. I figured I would have to pay for the repairs as normal wear for a pack that old. I just went to check the tracking number today to make sure it had arrived and got an email a short time later saying it had been repaired and was shipping out tomorrow with no mention of a bill. I was just hoping to get it back for spring bear and was shocked by the fast turnaround time. I have loved that pack and it has never let me down. Maybe it will outlast me with a little help from excellent customer service. Thanks Kifaru!

j3h8

FNG
I had all but made my mind up to buy a new pack. My ancient timberline 1 had lost the nonslip material on the lumbar pad and a draw string broke loose. After some good advice I was able to ship it to kifaru for $15 after removing the lid, stays, pockets and waste belt. I filled out the paperwork but could not find my original purchase order. I figured I would have to pay for the repairs as normal wear for a pack that old. I just went to check the tracking number today to make sure it had arrived and got an email a short time later saying it had been repaired and was shipping out tomorrow with no mention of a bill. I was just hoping to get it back for spring bear and was shocked by the fast turnaround time. I have loved that pack and it has never let me down. Maybe it will outlast me with a little help from excellent customer service. Thanks Kifaru!
I've sent some things in for repair from my own ignorance. They were great. They try to keep repairs down to 1 week turn around if possible. I think they claim 1-2 weeks.

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
Sooooo glad you decided to keep it. It’s one of, if not The, best packs they’ve ever produced. Why change from perfect! Their customer service and support is second to none.
Thanks for the advice on packaging it and marking the stays for when I put it back together. I was able to fit the pack in a box not much bigger than a shoe box and ship it for $15. I am sure I would have put it in a giant box and paid $60 to ship it otherwise. I owe you.

j3h8

FNG
Thanks for the advice on packaging it and marking the stays for when I put it back together. I was able to fit the pack in a box not much bigger than a shoe box and ship it for $15. I am sure I would have put it in a giant box and paid $60 to ship it otherwise. I owe you.
My dumb@ss self would have never thought to do this. I feel like a genius with my knew knowledge.

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru fan all the way here, got my Ultra light frame with a Cavern that Aron him self walked me through to get for 3-5+ day pack. Also have all the pull out bags water bottle holder, gun bearer and the newest addition of the Hip Quiver. 100% back it all!

bowboy378

FNG
Just ordered an EDC pack and as long as USPS holds up their end of the deal, they will literally have me a pack in under a week from the day I ordered it, to it making its way to my doorstep in Iowa. I was shocked how fast they sent it out

Just ordered an EDC pack and as long as USPS holds up their end of the deal, they will literally have me a pack in under a week from the day I ordered it, to it making its way to my doorstep in Iowa. I was shocked how fast they sent it out
i ordered a frame and bag the other day as well, and was surprised to get a tracking email a couple days later.... i figured it would be awhile. a lot quicker than i figured it would be. looking forward to getting it and testing this spring.... it's the last pack system for me to try

bowboy378

FNG
I hear them talk on the podcast that they want to get down to 5 day ship times, and they seem to be doing a pretty good job of that so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elk2008

Lil-Rokslider
Same experience here. I ordered a tipi and was expecting to wait 4-6 weeks. They had it to me in a week! I was impressed.

aside from fast shipping, i did not know they "rough fit" the frames according to your size dimensions you add when ordering a frame, or at least assume they do since the only adjustment i had to make was moving the 3 bar slider down about an inch to get it even with my clavicle.

i'm gonna like this pack, i really like how it rides.... i was unsure if i would keep it so i kept my order pretty basic. after wearing it around a little, i made another order tonight including the stryker xl, was torn between it and the nomad, but think the stryker xl will be a handy bag for day hunts.