Kifaru slick bag substitute - lead time rules it out

Bluto

WKR
Well, back to the short notice drawing board. After trying a different system during archery season, there’s just no way I trust it for November rifle.

I had a Kifaru 0 degree wide slick bag in my cart last night, after deciding that is my best option (can’t do a traditional mummy bag) but thankfully emailed since they didn’t list lead times. Four weeks, that won’t cut it.

Anyone know of a 0 degree bag that isn’t so constrictive and/or comes in a wide like the slick bag? Last year in a slightly warmer area the first night it dropped to 4 degrees. Definitely need the warmth factor!

Thanks in advance for any insight!

PredatorX

WKR
I'd go for a western mountaineering sequoia...but it won't be cheap.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Bluto

Bluto

WKR
Hooooly moly, you weren’t kidding. I though $450 plus shipping and plus a stuff bag was pricey for the Kifaru.

Thanks for the point out, though - if nothing else works out then I may have painted myself into that corner.

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look at some of the big bags from Big Agnes--Echo Park? Not ideal for backpacking but definitely a roomy synthetic bag if that is what you want.

OP
Bluto

Bluto

WKR
Will do.

I have a Nemo “spoon” shaped bag for side sleepers that I love, but it’s a 30 degree and that’s pushing it. Anyone combined a quilt with a bag to “increase” the rating? Thinking of trying that as well.

Tex68w

WKR
Add a Woobie or Doobie to your Nemo. It'll get you through this hunt and add another nice piece of kit to your quiver.

If you haven’t found something yet, I have a brand new 0 degree Nemo stalker for sale. New with tags and original packaging stuff sack and storage bag. I won it in a raffle and it’s a regular size, I’m 6’4” and need a long. I don’t know if the shape is the same as your current nemo, but if it is… $450 to lower 48