Kifaru slick bag

Alright, guys. I got some great opinions and reviews on quilts in my last post. Thanks for that. As recommended I checked out the avery podcast with arron, some good points were made about both bags and quilts and I've yet to decide which way I want to go. Being new to backcountry hunting, I like the idea of having a bag for emergency situations. Not that I expect to have issues but the peace of mind would be nice. So I have been looking into the slick bag and the measurements at the chest and hips seems unreal. Are they really that big zipped? Looking at the wide it says 74" at the chest. My wingspan is 76, and I can't imagine having that much room.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6' 210. Seems roomy to me and I love it. Taking it to Idaho in two days to get humbled by mother nature and brother bear.

The 74" is the circumference, it's not 74" wide. The wide is roomy, which I really like. It adds a little weight but for me worth it.

Last edited:

Read1t48

WKR
If you could only have one, I would probably opt for a sleeping bag. The "right" choice can vary so much based on the person, conditions, etc. I have both a slick bag and a woobie. A guy can take a woobie and use the bivy along with his puffy clothing and be just fine for 3 seasons. A lot of this gear can serve double duty. There is a lot to be said about a quilt not wasting weight and minimizing material that you were laying on anyway which compresses the loft.
The biggest concern about a quilt is the cold air spaces if you don't have it sealed up. I think this can be resolved with practice and the right quilt. This is why companies like EE recommend you get one size up in length and width. Even with the size up, the weight is still minimal in comparison to an equal bag. By going a size up you can wrap it and tuck it in certain places and still move comfortably at night if you are a side sleeper, etc.

Brightwhite -
You don't really tell your wife she's roomy, do you? I would be sleeping outside -- without a bag - if I did that to mine. Lol!