Kifaru Slick size

Scoot

WKR
I've heard mixed reports about the size of slick bags. I'm 6' 0" and 185-190 lbs. How will I fit in the standard length and width bag?

I’m 6’ 0” 235-240 with wide shoulders. I bought a reg wide and it’s wide enough that it made me wonder if I could’ve got by with a reg width. The reg length is plenty long for a 6’ frame. I haven’t spent a ton of time in it but I love it. My guess is you’d be happy with a reg/reg.

I've heard mixed reports about the size of slick bags. I'm 6' 0" and 185-190 lbs. How will I fit in the standard length and width bag?
Im about the same size and I bought a reg length wide. I would fit in a reg/reg but I like a little more wiggle room.

I've got reg length wide also. I have overly wide shoulders. This is the only bag so far that has fit my frame without me being uncomfortable or unable to move within the bag.

Deere83

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 20 degree and 0 degree both regular length and width and they work well for me at 6’2” and probably a little over 150

LZek10

FNG
Since the regular is "sized" for 6', do you notice it being tight around your feet when you're laying in it?

WI75

FNG
I must be an exception. I’m 5’9” 220 with wide shoulders and chest. For comparison I wear a size 52 coat. I have a regular wide and can’t zip it up past my armpits. I’ve moved on to a quilt.

Seth

WKR
At 5’9” and 205, I did not like the regular width. It felt too confined for me around the shoulders.

I’m 6’1 210-ish and have a 20* reg/reg slick bag. If I were to do it over again, I’d bite for the long, at the very least - probably the wide, too. I knew I was pushing it being 6’1, but didn’t think my feet pushing against the bottom of the bag would bother me nearly as much as it does. Totally my fault though, and would absolutely buy the bag over again, albeit the long version. Tell you what, if you buy the long 20* and don’t like it I’ll trade you for it no questions asked.

I found the size suggestions on the kifaru site pretty close. Im 6'4 and 330 and went witht he long/wide and have lots of room in it.

TheViking

WKR
I’m 6’-6’-1” and reached out to Kifaru and they recommended the regular length. I’m also around 200#s and they recommend the wide version. So that’s what I ordered - regular length/wide

I’ll have the bag this week and give you my thoughts.

I’m 6’ 160ish, have a reg/reg and I would buy the same if I were to do it again... it’s not even marginally small anywhere, but I’m not a picky sleeper...

As long as it’s not too tight to compromise insulation I’m good, but it’s not close to that

TheViking

WKR
I’m 6’-6’-1” and reached out to Kifaru and they recommended the regular length. I’m also around 200#s and they recommend the wide version. So that’s what I ordered - regular length/wide

I’ll have the bag this week and give you my thoughts.

This bag couldn’t fit me better.
My stats are quoted in my earlier post. I’m glad I went wide…enough room to wiggle, but not too much. Length is Taylor made for me.

Mban2

FNG
Do these bags pack down decently? Or are they difficult to pack into a tight package?

LZek10

FNG
Is that packed down with the bag Kifaru sells separately or do you use something else?

TheViking

WKR
Is that packed down with the bag Kifaru sells separately or do you use something else?

If you use their 5 string medium stuff sack ($50 and sold extra) it’s totally worth it.

See screenshot for dimensions (accurate for 20 degree slick).

78aaa6541e6d1b80d0c706c4da26c57f.jpg

Mban2

FNG
If you use their 5 string medium stuff sack ($50 and sold extra) it’s totally worth it.

See screenshot for dimensions (accurate for 20 degree slick).

78aaa6541e6d1b80d0c706c4da26c57f.jpg
Do you like stuffing your sleeping bag into a long cylindrical shape, or more of a round shape? I have always loosely packed my bag to the size of the bottom of my bag

TheViking

WKR
Do you like stuffing your sleeping bag into a long cylindrical shape, or more of a round shape? I have always loosely packed my bag to the size of the bottom of my bag
I like the cylindrical shape - doesn't bother me either way, I'll make it work.