Kifaru stay question

Hey everyone,
I’m sure this is a question better suited for the actual Kifaru team but I figure I’ll ask here to see if I can get a response before Monday. I am a very small guy. Not sure on my torso length. I’m 5’4 and I normally wear 30” inseam pants.

I am running into an issue with my 24” frame. The problem is I’ve tried both the composite stay profiles and I have noticed that the height of the curve in my back is much lower than the curve of the stays. So it seems to me that the curve of my back hits before the curve of the stay and forcing the frame away from me and causing there to be a gap in between my back and the stays. Would the solution be to just get the aluminums and suck up the weight penalty?

I would rather run a 22” frame because I know it would fit better but the options are so limited and the tactical frame is just too much for what I need.

OP
E
Also I would say my back falls into the curved category as I can fit almost up to my elbow when I do the test that they mention in the videos.

Jbehredt

WKR
I’m between the two profiles. I went curved aluminum and flattened them just a hair. Never looked back. Custom fit is sooo nice. They’re also a bit more flexible so you get less of that “sheet of plywood strapped to your back” feeling.

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
I’m between the two profiles. I went curved aluminum and flattened them just a hair. Never looked back. Custom fit is sooo nice. They’re also a bit more flexible so you get less of that “sheet of plywood strapped to your back” feeling.
I purchased a 24 inch tactical frame with the semi- flat composite stays. As soon as I put it on, it wasnt right.
As soon as I tightened the waist belt, the lumbar pad would seat into my lower back, and the frame would "hinge" on the black torso padded section above the lumbar pad, pulling the shoulder pads away from the back of my shoulders.
I took the already fitted aluminum stays from my HPG Ute, and put them in the Kifaru. They are about 1 1/2 inches short at the top, but it is a perfect fit for my back. Instant relief.
I have ordered the 24 in aluminum stays from Kifaru.
I contemplated the curved composite stays, but they do not look nearly as curved as I have my Ute stays.

Jedgar

FNG
Aluminum 1000%, i have a flat back and big shoulders. The flat back stays didn’t curve out enough for me and when I snuggled up the load lifters it hinged and pulled away from my lumbar. Got the aluminums and as expected perfect fit now. 🤙life is to short to be uncomfortable. Don’t notice a weight penatly, I fluctuate 5lbs through out the day and Don’t care about a few oz, if I did I wouldn’t use a kifaru pack anyways.
J