Kifaru Striker

sivart

WKR
Would this work as a daypack elk hunting, and meat hauling, or this there a better bag option for that?

It would work great for that application. It isn't really anything different than a cargo panel with some strategic pockets, which is what i use for day hunting. It looks pretty cool though.

You could do the same thing with an Antero and a grab it.

Neat looking setup, yes it would work well in that role I reckon. “Better” is subjective. I’m not sure I wouldn’t want a bigger bag just for dayhunt layers at times.

I think this is a perfect pack for a lot of situations. Pretty excited to get my hands on one.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
That’s what I was curious if 1800 is big enough

Add a medium and large belt pouch like the one in the pre-release photos for an extra 500ci for 2300ci total. They also talked about having some bigger nomad/fulcrum type pockets coming soon. Id think that would be enough for most day pack needs.539DD7AE-7105-4793-9642-6EA4D1D3A447.jpeg

Jimbob

WKR
It looks great. Water bladder in the sleeve and extra layers or gear could always go between bag and frame. I only have one large DIY bag for my frame and it's not good for day hunting, too much extra material and straps make accessing hard.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
Would you be able to get this bag to work on exo k3 frame?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love what Kifaru does as a company for the outdoors and will probably buy this one. However, can anyone tell me how this isn’t just a mystery ranch mule? Or what it has that’s better basically?

Last edited:

mrgreen

WKR
This is pretty much the system I've been using for whitetails for a couple of years. I have a camp bag or duffle for bulky clothing like bibs that are too hot to wear on the hike in inside a cargo panel. Then I attach an Antero to the outside with 2 buckles and a Grab-It. When I get to the tree, I put on my harness and heavy layers and carry the Antero up to the stand. I leave the cargo panel and frame hung from one of the lower steps. I just have to remember not to p!ss on that side of the stand.
In warm weather during the early season, I just bring the Antero.

If I didn't already have the other pieces, I would definitely get the Stryker.

Vaultman

WKR
Ahhh. The only bad thing about not being an instaG person. I will have to look again when I can. Thanks.

bat-cave

WKR
I saw the two video's on Instagram, but have a couple of questions. I can call Kifaru, but posting here in case someone knows the answers. It appears to be a standard Duplex Frame (Maybe with the Quarter panel?) & the Cargo Bag is What's really new, or is this a different Frame & Bag? It looks slick as I was getting ready to buy a 22Mag and this might be even a bit more versatile for a Day hunt bag with good meat hauling capabilities.

tdot

WKR
Frame in the videos is the normal Duplex.

Bag is new. Its essentially a Cargo Panel integrated with a day pack.

bat-cave

WKR
Thanks tdot! Sounds like a good fit for my needs ... This a 44Mag for longer trips and I think I have my setup! Now to seel the AMR (great big, but bigger than I need)

N2TRKYS

WKR
Thanks tdot! Sounds like a good fit for my needs ... This a 44Mag for longer trips and I think I have my setup! Now to seel the AMR (great big, but bigger than I need)

The AMR was my first Kifaru purchase and it’s about perfect for me. I love the way it compresses down for day hunts and opens up when the meat hits the ground.

bat-cave

WKR
The AMR is a great pack. I just prefer something that isn't so cavernous as to be harder to manage for short hunts where I just don't need the large bag. I'd rather use a meat shelf than stick a quarter in the bag. I've used it as you do, but for me it's too much bag.

How does this compair to the shape charge for daily whitetail but also load hauling?i dont think the sc has a meat shelf.