Kifaru Striker

tdot

WKR
The Striker hasnt been released yet. So I doubt many people outside of Kifaru have used it. But it uses the regular Duplex frame which has been around for a few years and that is one of the best in the industry at heavy loads.

The Shape Charge does not use the Duplex frame. It has it's own internal frame and is not designed to carry the same loads. As I recall its rated up to about 60lbs. Though the frame is quite a bit shorter then the Duplex. So it shouldnt be above your shoulders (which is part of the reason it doesnt carry as well, but should be better in tight spaces/trees, etc.)

I've been running the Nomad2 for several years without complaint (love it!), and have not been tempted by another pack for day hunts, 95% of my hunting. This rig though is very tempting - still gives me my extended trip versatility but better suited for day hunts.

Add a medium and large belt pouch like the one in the pre-release photos for an extra 500ci for 2300ci total. They also talked about having some bigger nomad/fulcrum type pockets coming soon. Id think that would be enough for most day pack needs.View attachment 133894
With the large compression pockets you could fabricate nomad wings onto it nearly doubling the capacity.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
With the large compression pockets you could fabricate nomad wings onto it nearly doubling the capacity.

I was looking at that now that theyre released. You could make a copy of a mystery ranch cabinet/crew cab with a couple of those large compression pockets, I had a crew cab and think that layout is fantastic.

I was looking at that now that theyre released. You could make a copy of a mystery ranch cabinet/crew cab with a couple of those large compression pockets, I had a crew cab and think that layout is fantastic.
I was looking at making a poor man's fulcrum with those pockets and my Argali. Additionally, it looks like it would work well as a lid mounted sideways on a pack.

I've been running the Nomad2 for several years without complaint (love it!), and have not been tempted by another pack for day hunts, 95% of my hunting. This rig though is very tempting - still gives me my extended trip versatility but better suited for day hunts.

That’s exactly the boat I’m in - I built my pack around the Nomad 2, a Guide Lid, and a a blaze Grab-It. That system works well but I’ve found myself wanting a bit more organization than the two deep pockets for day hunting. The Stryker is exactly what I wanted to set up. I hope I can find someone to buy my Nomad after I pull the trigger on the Stryker. 😀

F94B0576-042C-4A51-9194-FB3F56E95359.jpeg

For those who may be curious, I asked Kifaru about colors on IG - they said this will be available in solids at first with camo coming later, not sure how far down the road.
This will be my 2020 hunting pack - I’ll wait a bit to see which patterns they offer but this will be the one.