Kifaru Stryker + Camp Bag for backpack hunt?

Winters Kamp

Lil-Rokslider
The Bane should be up top more keeping the load closer to your back.

I like how Aron has his set up at the 5 min mark.

prm

WKR
You don’t want to place a small bag on the meat shelf if trying to add a lot of volume. That just moves the weight of everything else out away from you. Use a large 55L bag on the shelf (Closest to you) loaded with most gear and then place your day hunt gear only in the Stryker bag. I can pack for a 5-6 day hunt in cold temps using the Stryker and the only extra bag/addition is my 55l OR dry bag. No added pockets to drag on branches or move around, no significant weight away from my back. (Edit: I do have a nalgene holder on the left waist belt). In the Stryker is a first aid kit, kill kit, basic supplies, snack, and whatever layers I think I might need for the day. After hiking in to camp, remove the 55l bag, cinch down the 6 straps and the pack is ready to go hunt. Easy button.
Except for those who plan to drop their main pack for a stalk, I don’t see the need for a Bane with the Stryker. Since I don’t add external pockets, the Stryker is actually pretty well tucked in when hunting. In my case rifle hunting I have no plan of ever leaving my pack behind.

Last edited:
You don’t want to place a small bag on the meat shelf if trying to add a lot of volume. That just moves the weight of everything else out away from you. Use a large 55L bag on the shelf (Closest to you) loaded with most gear and then place your day hunt gear only in the Stryker bag. I can pack for a 5-6 day hunt in cold temps using the Stryker and the only extra bag/addition is my 55l OR dry bag. No added pockets to drag on branches or move around, no significant weight away from my back. (Edit: I do have a nalgene holder on the left waist belt). In the Stryker is a first aid kit, kill kit, basic supplies, snack, and whatever layers I think I might need for the day. After hiking in to camp, remove the 55l bag, cinch down the 6 straps and the pack is ready to go hunt. Easy button.
Except for those who plan to drop their main pack for a stalk, I don’t see the need for a Bane with the Stryker. Since I don’t add external pockets, the Stryker is actually pretty well tucked in when hunting. In my case rifle hunting I have no plan of ever leaving my pack behind.
Sounds like a killer setup, would love to see some pics if you have any.

sram9102

WKR
No pictures but I just ran a very similar setup on a hunt. Not their camp bag but a 55L OR dry sack and a guide lid for shelter/bag/stove/food, kill kit and puffy set in the actual bag. Super easy to drop dry sack out of the meat shelf tighten the bag down and get after it. I wouldn't hesitate to run the stryker for 5-6 day trip.

I’ve been running the 22mag and camp bag. Problem I had was when packing the animal off the mountain. Strapping quarters, camp bag and 22mag. Yes Kifaru offers lots of straps, but still a little pain. I’ve upgraded to gnargali for longer trips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk