Kifaru Stryker vs 22 mag Gen 2

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking into purchasing a do it all eastern whitetail frame pack with also the possibility of doing some overnighters out west with it maybe once a year. Seeing what everyones thoughts were with one or the other or if you’ve possibly tried both. I know both packs are pretty new. One thing I like is the 22 mag has side pockets and the Stryker doesn’t. Also looking into the new Exo’s as well as an alternative.

HoytHntr4

WKR
For a do it all my vote would be the stryker. You can use it to haul tree stands and ground blinds easily when you're hunting around home. Then if you want to take it out west there is a ton of options for pockets you can add to it (belt pouches, sherman, grab it, etc...) as well as run a camp bag if you're looking to get a couple nights out of it. I had an Exo before I bought my Kifaru, both are great packs but Kifaru seems like a much more durable pack and better built because of the materials they use

I’m looking into purchasing a do it all eastern whitetail frame pack with also the possibility of doing some overnighters out west with it maybe once a year. Seeing what everyones thoughts were with one or the other or if you’ve possibly tried both. I know both packs are pretty new. One thing I like is the 22 mag has side pockets and the Stryker doesn’t. Also looking into the new Exo’s as well as an alternative.

Recently bought the stryker w/ camp bag and bane. Great setup for over nighters out west. Still making minor setup tweaks but love the versatility and ability to pack out heavy.

OP
Millwood21

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
For a do it all my vote would be the stryker. You can use it to haul tree stands and ground blinds easily when you're hunting around home. Then if you want to take it out west there is a ton of options for pockets you can add to it (belt pouches, sherman, grab it, etc...) as well as run a camp bag if you're looking to get a couple nights out of it. I had an Exo before I bought my Kifaru, both are great packs but Kifaru seems like a much more durable pack and better built because of the materials they use
Do you have any photos of your setup?

sveltri

WKR
I have the gen 2 22 mag, if I was in your shoes I would definitely go the stryker route. I really like the 22 mag, I just think for the applications you mentioned the stryker wins out.

OP
Millwood21

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I have the gen 2 22 mag, if I was in your shoes I would definitely go the stryker route. I really like the 22 mag, I just think for the applications you mentioned the stryker wins out.

I’ll probably end up with a Stryker.